I Was There When You Lose

Start from the beginning

What should he answer? He didn't know anything. He didn't even know what happened in that meeting room.

"The new bodyguard is Porsche, Khun Vegas... But I am sorry I don't quite understand what you mean--"

"--Kinn punished him to avoid my men taking action on him. He hurt and insulted my brother on purpose, if it was another bodyguard they would be dead by now."

Pete didn't know what to say. What exactly did Porsche do to Khun Macau? He really has no fear. He wasn't even afraid of Khun Kinn, that bastard Porsche...

"All I know just Porsche is the new head bodyguard for Khun Kinn, that's probably why--"

"A new head bodyguard? What is this Porsche, an ex military personnel? An ex soldier? A trained assassin? What is he?"

Khun Vegas was looking at Pete with his sharp eyes, making this feel like an interrogation.

"He's a college student, a bartender at night... and a street fighter, Khun Vegas."

The young master's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, it seemed like he was trying to put two and two together, but had too little information for it.

"...a young street fighter as Kinn's head of bodyguard? That's weird..." he said, mostly to himself.

"But Porsche is really capable, he gained his position since he saved Khun Kinn's life once." Pete said, didn't even know why he felt the need to defend his friend.

Khun Vegas looked like he was thinking, and to be honest, Pete was never able to guess what's running in his head.

"...saved Kinn's life...," he repeated, "...interesting."

There was this wicked smirk on Khun Vegas' lips, nothing like what Pete had seen before.

"Hia, let's go home."

But in a split second, his expression changed completely as Macau shook his arm. Khun Vegas inspected the now covered wound on his brother's forehead, nodding when he knew that it was properly treated.

"Alright." he said shortly, his palm on Macau's back.

Pete hurriedly opened the door for the two young masters, but before Vegas walked out of the room, he looked at Pete's hand that was on the door's handle.

"You never take it off," he said, looking at the chain bracelet on Pete's left hand.

He never did. No reason actually, just like his old bracelet, he never really took it off either.

But the difference is, right now with this bracelet, every time Pete's eyes landed on it, it reminded him of the one who gifted it.

Pete didn't even know how to react to that, but then he figured that he didn't have to when the two young masters already walked out of the room.

"You don't have to escort us to the main door," Khun Vegas said when he noticed that Pete was walking behind the both of them, "...just take care of your friend Porsche for now."

If people didn't see Khun Vegas' expression when he said that, they could easily believe that it was sincere. But Pete knew this person enough to understand that those slight smirk on his lips meant something else. Usually, things that people cannot even predict.

.

.

.

Porsche is a chaos-bringer.

A shit-stirrer.

It amazed Pete how much he got in trouble for the first three months of his working period. But Pete was even more amazed with the fact that he managed to stay alive through all of it. From a very petty thing like accidentally killing Khun Noo Thankun's fishes, to the life threatening ones like hitting the son of the minor family.