6. 𝙎𝙘𝙤𝙩𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙚

Start from the beginning

Mom hands Freya back over to her father so she can explain it to me without having her hair getting pulled by a 10-month-old.

"According to Rory they are the most powerful weapons in all of the universe."

And if aliens are after them I doubt that it's good then. "And why do we have to find Vision?"

The Vision, or my tutor as I liked to call him, was out with Wanda Maximoff. I found their relationship a bit puzzling since he was a syntazoid and she was human but I had to admit they kind of made it work.

I'm not supposed to see Vision till next month so he can tutor me again. I know, I'm 16. I should be in school not learning from an android. But I'm a fugitive on the run with other fugitives.

"Vision has the mind stone," Sam explained as Steve takes Freya out of the room. "We need to find them now." Oh he means the yellow jewel in the center of his forehead. I thought it was just a decoration.

Mom winces. "We would if Wanda was answering."

I laughed lightly, scratching my head. "I know where they are." Wanda was kind of like a big sister to me, same as Sam. So she tells me where they move to every once in a while so someone can know.

"Great then," Sam says, taking the keys to the Quinjet and spinning them around his finger. "Because we need to find them now."

"Wait," I paused and pointed to Freya who was in Steve's arms all dressed up as they exited the bedroom. "We aren't actually bringing a baby with us right?"

I loved Freya, I didn't want her to be in danger. Steve shakes his head, and I just realized he was carrying her small go bag over his shoulder. "We're dropping her off with a friend. She'll stay with her till we can get to her."

Well that puts me a little bit at ease then. However Sam, Mom and I all frowned because we were all fugitives. "Who?"

───── ⋆⋅☀️⋅⋆ ─────

Steve knocked on the door of the apartment building, balancing Freya while I held onto her bag that had everything she was going to need for the time being.

Apparently the friend we were leaving Freya with was one of Auroras. Darcy Lewis and Erik Selvig.

The others stayed on the ship, waiting for us. We were after all fugitives. Steve wore a photographic vail to disguise his face. Obviously, Freya wasn't wearing one, and neither was I.

The government still hadn't gotten a clear picture of my face. Something close that resembles a sketch yes, but that's all that they have.

The apartment was here in Virginia. Erik Selvigs old apartment from when he was a teacher in this grand old state.

The door opener reveals a brunette woman with glasses and an older man behind her. Their eyes go wide when they see Steve and Freya. "Oh my goodness!"

I looked around the apartment hallway when she had her outburst. Someone could have heard her. "Please come in," Ushered the older man.

Erik I'm guessing. Steve and I stepped inside and the woman, Darcy, quickly checked the hallway before closing the door.

"Hello Erik," Steve greeted the old man. "Darcy."

Darcy salutes him. "Captain. And girl I don't know."

I smiled a little. "Hi." Freya laughs delightedly as if she remembered the woman and flaps her hands around.

Steve nods and then carefully hands Freya over to the woman. I give Erik the bag of her stuff. Diapers, baby formula, toys and a few clothes.

It was enough to last her a few days. Seeing as we didn't know how long this was going to be. "I know this is a lot to ask, but I just want to thank you again for choosing to take care of Freya." Steve tells them.