Chapter 1: The Vanishing of Will Byers

Quick disclaimer: I don't play dnd so some of the scenes where Quinn is played are probably not going to make sense and obviously not every scene in the show is gonna be written.

3rd Person

It was a late night on November 6th, 1983 in Hawkins Indiana. Mike is hiding behind a big book Mike looks around at the party "Something is coming. Something hungry for blood. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness."Dustin rubbed his nose, but still all his focus is on Mike ready to hear what was about to attack their party.

Lucas adjusting his body preparing for what danger is coming. Quinn is practically sitting on the edge of her seat waiting patiently to find out which monster is going to attack. "It is almost here." "What is it?" "What if it's the demogorgon?" The party groans at the thought of the demogorgon attacking them "Oh, jesus, we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon" "It's not the demogorgon" "Yea no way it's the demogorgon" "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

Lucas throws his arm and and making a "told ya" face to Dustin "Troglodytes?" "Told ya." Lucas and Quinn chuckle. They all laugh but Mike gets serious. "Wait a minute.." Mike says in a soft voice making Quinn's heart flutter. "Did you hear that? That... that sound? Boom... boom... BOOM!" The whole party jumps as Mike slams his hands down on the table. That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that... That came from something else."

They all look at each other and then mike. He slams down the figurine. "The Demogorgon!!" They all groan and complain. "We're in deep shit." "God damn it." Quinn sits all the way back and slouched with her arms crossed

"Will, your action!" "I don't know!" "Fireball him!" "I'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" "Too risky. Cast a protection spell" "Fireball him! It will get him out of the way!" "Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas, Quinn, and Dustin bicker back and forth about what will should do when Mike interrupts

"The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. BOOM!" "Fireball him!" "Another stomp, boom!" "Hurry Will! Fireball!" "Cast Protection!" "It roars in anger!"

Quinn, Lucas, and Dustin get into an argument about what Will should do as Mike yells that the demogorgon is getting closer. Will grabs the dice and is ready to roll. "FIREBALL!"

The dice fall off the table

Silence

"Find them!" Quinn yells getting up from her seat

"Oh, shit!" "Where'd it go?" "Where is it?" "I don't know!" "Hurry, we got to find it!" "Is It a 13?" "I dont know!" "God damn it!" "Where is it?"

Dustin starts pacing back and forth when Mike gets called from upstairs.

"Dustin, get your lazy ass to use and help us!" "Can you find it yet?" "No I can't find it '' Mrs.Wheeler opens the door to the basement to see 1 kid panicking in the corner and the other 4 crawling around yelling at each other.

"Mike!" "Mom, we're in the middle of a campaign!" "You mean the end? Fifteen after." She walks away and Mike runs upstairs. All the kids are still desperately searching for the dice.

"Ugh great, now we have to leave!" "Oh, my god! Freaking idiot!" "Why do we have to go?" This was a normal night for the kids. Playing 10 straight hours of DnD was one of the few good things that happened to Quinn.

Both her parents would always get annoyed that she was just sitting in some basement for 10 hours playing some stupid board game. Lucky her brother Steve always seems to cover for her. Plus she and Mike were neighbors so it's not like she had a long way to bike.

After searching even more for the missing dice. "Oh I got it!" "Let me see!" "Does the seven count?" "It was a seven?" "Did Mike see it?" Will shakes his head no while Dustin puts on his jacket and Quinn puts her shoes on and the blanket back. Quinn always would spend the night at the Wheelers, she practically had her own bed, blanket, pillow, everything. Same for Mike at her house. Will and Lucas then get their jackets on and head upstairs.