𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊, 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐅𝐎𝐗

Start from the beginning

img.: Hwang Soojin, CEO of Snowfox Entertainment / SNOWFOX MEDIA

Hwang Soojins influence on the company has already started showing with her decision to rework parts of the company completely, and this includes its name. SFE is now officially called SNOWFOX MEDIA, however its old name will still be in use, seemingly out of habit.
"On paper, we are called SNOWFOX MEDIA. Though I see SNOWFOX MEDIA more as a package, a whole made of all these different parts. SFE, Snowfox Entertainment is the company itself, and SNOWFOX MEDIA is SFE, combined with the ARCTIC labels and our other subsidiaries," Hwang Soojin revealed. Here the subsidiaries come into play. Hwang had already teased to be in contact with multiple companies for a while, and under her lead, things thats that have been teased for months seemed to finally have come true.

SFE has now three subsidiary labels, two of which were newly established by herself, while the third one was bought by SFE. Aforementioned ARCTIC labels, ARCTIC MUSIC and ARCTIC ARTS, are labels specifically created to manage artists already signed under SFE. ARCTIC MUSIC is a record label and publisher that now houses former SFE acts Yun and From Ashes And Dirt. A recent press conference had revealed that these two acts had a different contract than other artists under the company that allowed them to produce music independently without management of the company. They have now been transferred to ARCTIC MUSIC which separates them further from SFEs management.
ARCTIC ARTS is SFEs very own talent and acting agency that manages the acting careers of Snowfox Idols. Officially signed with ARCTIC ARTS are OLYMP member Artemis/Park Chaehwa and SUP3R!N0VA members Beomjae and Seven/Won Changmin. While Artemis and Beomjaes involvement in the acting industry are known, Seven has not yet appeared as an actor, and fans are already speculating when he might make his acting debut. Aside from the three idols, another actor has also signed with ARCTIC ARTS. Choi Taeyoung, best known for his role as Jinhyung in the BL-drama Like Snowflakes We Fall, has also signed with ARCTIC ARTS, which raises the question whether or not the label will continue to take in non-idols and already established actors.

Both sub labels were established by Hwang Soojin, are however mainly managed by Co-CEO Yoshida Akari. Yoshida had joined the company last month and taken on Hwangs former role as the Co-CEO. Yoshida seems like a good fit for the position as well as the head of SFEs acting subsidiary. Her own career as a Japanese idol started in 2002, and she has over a decade of acting experiences in both the Japanese and Korean film industry.

 Her own career as a Japanese idol started in 2002, and she has over a decade of acting experiences in both the Japanese and Korean film industry

img.: Co-CEO Yoshida Akari

Aside from SFEs self made ARCTIC labels, a third label has joined the Snowfox family. Already shortly mentioned in a press conference, Hwang Soojin has now acquired Sequence Creative. SQC was established and managed by Do Kwangseok but went unnoticed for a year. The one-person management had tried its best with SQCs only group, SQ-Boys, but would ultimately fade into obscurity soon after the five membered boy groups debut. Hwangs mention of the company would spark an accidental controversy on Twitter that was now shut down with today's announcement of SQ-Boys becoming label mates of some of the most beloved K-pop groups today.
Hwang Soojin announced that SQC would still mainly be managed by Do Kwangseok, but would receive financial and creative support by SFE. SQ-Boys are also planning to redebut with a new concept with the help of SFE.
"[SQ-Boys] deserve to get a second chance. They had the talent and the passion, and it was just the finances that were missing. We are working to redebut them as soon as possible. We all have great ideas for new concepts and music, and I've also found a new addition to the team. Please keep an eye out for Sequence Creatives activities."