Chapter 1:Am I really stuck with this pathetic child?

Start from the beginning

A boy with a girl behind him bumped into his chest. He regained himself and looked Zenon in the face, after which promptly shrieking back.

Zenon looked qt the boy who was nothing special to the eyes, black eyes and hair with strange clothes. Now, his mana...was laughable at best, he didn't even have the excuse of that Asta kid of having his mana erased by Anti-Magic, the boy's was extremly low. His name was Nasuki Subaru.

 His name was Nasuki Subaru

Subaru:I...I'm very sorry, sir! I wasn't watching where I was going.

Zenon:You should pay attention to your surroundings.

Zenon looked at the girl behind him. Opposite to the boy, she had a big ambudance of mana. He could compare it with that girl Vanica took a interes in. She had sharp ears, long silver hair and purple eyes. Her name was Emilia.

Zenon:You two look like you're in q hurry

Subaru:Yep, I'm here to help this angel! Her name is Satella!

Zenon:Satella, huh?

Zenon looked at the girl once again which looked surprised at his lack of a reaction. Was that name meant to be important?

Soon after the devil host noticed the animal floating beside her. So she possesed Spirit Magic.

The animal was a small cat with gray and white fur of the male gender qnd greem eyes. His name was Puck.

Puck was staring very much intently at him

Puck was staring very much intently at him. But Zenon stared back without the littlest shade of emotion.

Puck:You should ask this guy for help, Lia! He's super strong.

Emilia:I see...Sir, would you like to assist us?

Zenon:Assist...

Zenon thought about it. He was confident in his abilities and he really needed informations right now.

Zenon:Very well, but I'll require payment after.

Emilia:That is no problem.

Subaru:And a new helper joined the quest! So, what's your name?

Zenon:Zenon. Zenon Zogratis. Now, what do you need help with?

Emilia:My insigna. It was stolen.

Zenon:Stolen? Than we sh3go to the slums, there's where's the most likely to be.

Subaru:Alright, to the slums!

The four have gone to the slums where a inhabitant pointed them to a loot house without needing much convincing. But Puck needed to ho, he apparently has a time limit for how much he can stay matterialized.

They have arrived at the loot house qnd were ready to enter. However, Zenon suddenly stopped them.

Emilia:What happened?

Zenon:There were three people inside. Now, there's only one.

Emilia:That's...

Subaru:Come on, I'm sure it's nothing!

Subaru opened the door and stepped inside. However, as soon as that happened a blade cut him across his stomach, revealing his bowels, much to Emilia's horror.

A hand armed with a blade moved to strike them, but Zenon easily caught it. Long and sharp spear-like bones cane out of his body ready to skewer the atacker. But he found himself back in the middle of the capital without anu explanation.

Zenon looked at the sky to see it was day again, while it was midnigh not long ago. This happened not long ago after that boy was killed, which means that he was the trigger fot this. And that means...Oh. Zenon let out a very rare scoff.

Zenon:...Are you kidding me? I really need to protect a overly-emotional weak boy just to continue my day now?