Rules, Guidelines, and FAQ

Rules & Guidelines

Any story that does not follow the rules below will not be considered for the contest!

Activities:

Always be kind. Bullying will not be tolerated. Adhering to Wattpad's guidelines is essential. Any bullying may be reported to Wattpad at the discretion of the profile.

Share your snacks. This one is the most important. (We love popcorn & chocolate [even if it melts in the heat].)

Have fun!

Full-length story:

Story must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

All submitted stories must be marked as complete at time of entry.

Mature stories are accepted if the plot does not center only on sexual activities, extreme violence, gore, or similar content.

No explicit content.

LGBTQ+ stories are accepted.

Stories should have a summer theme.

All genres are accepted.

Stories should not be more than 60,000 words.

All entries must be submitted through our entry form. Stories submitted in the comments will be ignored.

Only one story may be submitted per user.

All entries need to be submitted by Thursday, June 30, 2022 11:59 P.M. EST in order to be considered.

Share your snacks & drinks. ;)

Have fun!

Prompt:

Story must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

Submissions must be complete at time of entry.

Stories should be a minimum of 1,500 words and not exceed 2,000.

All stories must be submitted through our entry form. Stories submitted in the comments will not be judged.

Stories must follow a chosen prompt.

Which prompt used must be stated.

Entries can be in any genre.

LGBTQ+ stories are accepted.

You may submit up to two separate entries, but only one story per user can be added to the profiles' reading lists.

All entries need to be submitted by Thursday, June 30, 2022 11:59 P.M. EST in order to be considered.

Have fun & share your chosen food & drink. :)

FAQ

What does 'summer theme' mean?
Having a 'summer theme' means that it should be set during summer. The plot can vary from a fling or other romance to activities that are thought of as being 'summer', such as a sport like swimming, surfing, or baseball.

Where can I find the entry form?
The link will be found in the bio of this profile or any participating profile.

The link to the submission forms are located in (multiple places in the book). (Can the form be hyperlinked also)?

What if my full-length story isn't finished when the contest starts?
Stories can be submitted at any time during the month. If your story isn't finished at the start of June, you can enter it at any time during the month when you finish!

My story is rated mature. Can I still enter it?
Yes! We accept all mature stories that adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines and have plots that do not have sexual activities, extreme violence, gore, or similar content as the main theme or contain explicit content.

My story content is LGBTQ+. Can my story be submitted?
Of course! As long as it follows the contest rules and Wattpad's Content Guidelines, your story will also be considered.

Does my full-length story need to be written for the contest?
Nope! You may enter any full-length story you have written at any point in time. However, if you would like to write a full-length story for this contest and are able to do so, that's fine too!

Do I have to follow the prompts for the short story contest?
Yes. Any short stories that do not follow one of the prompts will not be considered for the contest.

If I win a book cover prize, does it have to be for the story I entered?
It doesn't. The book cover can be for any story on your profile or even a future story. We do ask, however, that you do not approach any of the individual users hosting this contest for this prize. The only profile that should be contacted about prizes is New Adult Reads.

How long will the judging be?
The judging period will be for xx days and the winner will be announced on July xx, 2022. All winners will be notified shortly before winners are announced and will receive their stickers at that time.

Will everyone get a sticker?
Yes! There is a participation sticker for both the full-length and the prompt portions of the contest. Entrants will be sent a link to receive their sticker. Please do not forward or share this link with other users that have not entered the contest.

I haven't gotten my sticker yet!
Stickers will be sent out once per day, so please be patient. In the case you don't receive it by xx date please DM New Adult Reads.