They continue to walk down this grassy footpath for a few minutes until he's being brought to a halt, having come face-to-face with a large ring of giant oak trees, their branches spreading so wide that a waterfall of deep orange and red shaded leaves hide what's behind it from sight.

Jaemin's eyes light up in wonder as he takes in the sight before him. It's beautiful.

Donghyuck unlinks their arms as he strides on forwards, and when he's met with the wall of leaves, he simply pushes against them gently, parting them like curtains before a gust of wind is coincidently summoned and the gap between the leaves widens enough for them to fit through.

Shotaro enters first, and Jaemin is too captivated by his surroundings to move on his own, so Donghyuck softly pushes him through before he follows behind, and Jaemin thinks the sight they're met with once they pass through the barrier of trees is equally as enchanting.

Inside the ring of trees is a ring of houses, each with distinct characteristics to set it apart from its neighbour. Some houses have only one level, and some are two or three floors high. Some have large arched windows, othered have squared, but every house is home to a host of colourful plants, and the fragrance of what Jaemin assumes to be the flowers causes a sort of humming sensation to settle under his skin- even the air feels different, like there's some sort of energetic charge lingering around him.

In mindless awe, Jaemin follows Donghyuck and Shotaro as they make their way through the ring of houses, politely greeting an elderly woman on her porch and a group of kids playing between houses. Jaemin's mind keeps flashing back to what Donghyuck had said about everybody knowing everybody. It left a permanent smile on his face.

"This is me", Shotaro announces, turning back to the two of them to offer his brief goodbyes, "I should only be a few minutes."

"We're not going anywhere", Donghyuck responds, and Shotaro bids them farewell as he's scrambling up the porch steps to his home, the windchimes hanging from the windows harmonising lightly as he passes them and disappears through the front door.

Before Jaemin could study his friends' house a moment more, Donghyuck is gently manoeuvring him to face the house next to Shotaro's as he holds his hands out as if to say 'welcome!'

This time, Jaemin does make an effort to take in the house before him. This one has two floors, a clumsily patched roof, and some of the largest windows Jaemin has ever seen. It looks old, well lived in, and it exudes a certain charm that has Jaemin immediately following his friend to the door.

The whole place has a certain magnetism to it that Jaemin can't seem to articulate.

Jaemin passes two wooden rocking chairs, patterned rugs and a whole host of hanging baskets before they reach the front door, and even before Donghyuck pushes it open all the way, a chorus of shrieking causes Jaemin to wince and Donghyuck to let out a loaded sigh.

"Hyuckie!!" Voices cry, and suddenly two figures come barreling towards where the two of them stood, still in the doorway of the house.

The two children attach themselves to each of Donghyuck's legs and as they hug him, they lift their faces to show off their toothy grins.

"Hyuckie! Save us from Johnny!" The young boy squeals, just for the little girl to nod eagerly, clinging on tighter to Donghyuck's leg. Jaemin looks down at them with a fond smile- they reminded him of his sister. They couldn't be any older than five or six.

"You have to finish your lessons", Donghyuck speaks softly, managing to gently pry the children from him as he lowers himself to his knees so that he may be on their level, "Be good for Johnny, finish your studies and then if you finish in time, you might be able to see Jeno later."