🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 🍭

Start from the beginning

I tore my eyes away from Harry as she approached me and looked at what I was wearing, obviously disapproving of my attire, "What time is your flight?" I asked, trying to ignore the churning in my stomach. I didn't like this.

"2. But we're gonna get to the airport early," She looked at Harry over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes, "I'll go get your father so you two can say goodbye."

She walked away without another word and then it was just Harry and me. I fiddled with the hem of his t-shirt and twisted my lips to the side as I waited to see if he was going to say anything. He just stared at me but I couldn't figure out if he was annoyed or angry. Maybe he was both.

I didn't get to talk to him because my dad called my name. With a lingering look in his direction, I walked out into the foyer, quickly hiding how uneasy I felt by smiling as wide as possible.

I hugged him again, a little tighter than I did last night and he did the same. Silent. When we pulled away from each other, he had tears in his eyes.

"You're coming to Jaden's graduation, right?" He asked, grabbing the handle of his suitcase.

"Of course," I said, walking ahead of them to open the door.

Jonah was standing by the car and I waved to him. He nodded in response, meeting my mom halfway as she walked out by me and out of the house. My dad kissed my cheek, a silent apology for my mother's actions. He always apologized for her.

When the gate at the end of the driveway closed, I shut the door and made my way back to the kitchen. He wasn't in there anymore and I should've taken that as a sign that he didn't want to talk. But, it was eating at me. I needed to know what they were talking about.

I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room but he wasn't there either. It took me a while to find him. I checked the entirety of downstairs only to come up empty-handed before I decided to head upstairs. His office door was open, so I went there first.

He was sitting behind his desk, his elbow leaned on the arm of his chair as he scrolled on his phone. I hadn't been in here since the first night I met him. The first time he made me cum. I clenched my thighs together and sighed. Not right now.

I cleared my throat, but he didn't look up from his phone. I brought my hand up to pull at my lip, "Thank you for the flowers..." I mumbled, "I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome, sweetie," He mumbled back, still not looking up from his phone.

I walked further into the room and took a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk. I looked around for a moment, painfully aware of whatever tension was lingering between us. Did he feel it too? Or was he completely oblivious? Either way, I spoke before I could stop myself.

"So, what were you guys talking about?" I asked, letting my hands fall to rest in my lap.

He glanced up at me briefly through his eyelashes before he looked back down at his phone. He didn't say anything and I swallowed harshly. He was ignoring me.

I cleared my throat, "Harry?"

"Yeah, Jailen?"

"What were you talking about? What did she say to you?" I knew my mother. I knew she had a habit of making people angry without even trying and she obviously succeeded because he was pissed. I could feel the anger radiating off of him. He wouldn't even look at me.

"She didn't say anything," He mumbled.

"She obviously said something, Harry. Don't lie to me," I frowned, not understanding my emotions right now, "Why are you acting like this?"

He sat his phone down on the desk and looked up at me, "Acting like what, Jailen? She didn't say nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing." I shrugged, "I know how she can be, I just wanted you to know that she doesn't mean it. She's probably just stressed-"

He closed his eyes and groaned, "God, please just stop talking."

I tilted my head, "What?"

"Just stop talking for one fucking minute, Jailen. Why are you fucking defending her right now?" He snapped, "Quit being so fucking nosey," he slammed his hand down against the desk and I flinched, "We didn't talk about anything! We didn't! I told you that we didn't so leave the fucking situation alone. Fuck, I hate when you do that shit."

Hate. I felt my stomach churn and I blinked at him slowly. I felt like I was going to be sick. Don't take it personally, Jailen.

"Why are you being like this?" I mumbled before I could stop myself, embarrassment seeping over me the moment the words left my mouth. He chuckled. He fucking chuckled and I pursed my lips.

"Why do you ask so many questions? I gave you an answer and you just keep fucking pushing," He spoke, his voice low and laced with annoyance as he stared at me.

"I'm not pushing anything, Harry, I just... I just wanted to know what she said to make you so upset."

"Why!?" He yelled, "What the fuck are you gonna do if she did say something to make me upset, Jailen? You had a goddamn panic attack when she was talking to you. I mean, honestly, sweetie. I don't need you to defend me."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I wasn't trying to defend you-" my voice was shaky and I quickly clamped my lips shut. I was feeling so many emotions, I couldn't keep up. I tried to think of something to say. Anything. I wanted to defend myself but I couldn't. I didn't know how. He was right. So, instead, I stood up and pushed the chair back.

"Where are you going?" He asked, standing from his chair as I turned to walk out of the room, "Jailen!"

I could hear him follow me as I walked out of the room and across the hall. I kicked the rose petals as I made my way into the bathroom. He grabbed my arm but I snatched away from him, attempting to close the door but he easily pushed it back open.

"Harry, leave me alone," I whispered. I didn't know what else to say. I was tired.

"I didn't mean it," He said and I scoffed, looking down at the floor as a small chuckle escaped me.

"Get out," I reached up to shove at his chest, "Get out, Harry!"

He glared down at me, completely unphased by my anger as he grabbed my arms and held them down at my sides. I struggled in his hold, "Fuck you! You did mean it! Let me go!" I yelled in his face as he backed me up against the sink.

I was angry. Angry at my mom, angry at Harry, angry at myself and I didn't know why. I groaned and screwed my eyes shut, frustrated tears stinging my eyes as I chewed on the inside of my cheek. I've cried too many times and it hadn't even been 24 hours.

I lowered my head, my forehead resting against his chest, defeated. He let go of my arms and wrapped his arms around me, his hand coming up to cradle the back of my head.

I was tired.

enough with the dramatics 😭