How does someone become less popular? Marley had a streak for pissing me off. She didn't even let me reply her before stomping off.

I took out a large tee from my closet with a pair joggers before going to my bathroom to take a shower.

I didn't waste time in the bathroom. Washing the sand from my hair and tiny specks of blood and dust from my skin. The hot water made me relax a bit and I found myself humming a song my mother used to sing to me when I was little.

She and my dad were the only other people I cared about back at the camp. I hated leaving the way I did, only a goodbye note I left them under my pillow.

I was very sure that they hated me by now. Hated that I never cared to tell them, hated that I was endangering not only my life and the lives of my friends but also their lives.

The council will not touch them because they knew nothing. If they did then they would've been dead by now.

Now, they were in my past. I wasn't going back to them. I'll live the way I want to. I won't be under the control of anyone ever again.

That was a vow to myself and I'll keep it even if it meant I'll die for that cause.

When I got out, I found Jace sitting down and holding his head in his palms.

"Hey, are you okay?". I asked. His body grew stiff and in a second, I was pinned to the wall.

My both arms in one of his, pinned above my head and his second hand choking the air outta me. His eyes were blood shot red, they searched mine. I wanted to retaliate but I held myself back. His green orbs were gone and were replaced with black ones.

"Blood". He managed to say. His throat constricted. He was thirsty but I didn't know he was also a vampire.

"You.. can drink.. mine". I managed to choke out then he released my neck a bit.

The door flew open, almost out of it's hinges. Carina was the first one in then Marley and Cole. I held up a hand to stop them. Jace sniffed again and his eyes darkened.

"He needs blood". I said to them, still struggling to take in air. Before I could think about what next to say, pain flooded my neck and I screamed before blacking out.

~*~

It was midnight when I woke up. I felt dirty and really dizzy. My eyes flew open and I sat up quickly when the thought of what happened came crashing down on me.

I let my eyes adjust to my dimly lit room. I was on my bed still wearing the same clothes. I touched my neck, the pain was gone but my tee now had dried blood.

"I'm sorry". I heard his voice. He stood at the corner of the room. He was now wearing one of Cole's sweatshirts and pants.

I wanted to be scared of him but I wasn't. Instead, I wanted to have him in my arms and tell him everything was going to be okay.

I couldn't be mad at him. He just lost his factory. That alone could bring someone into a state of depression.

"Are you okay?". I found myself asking.

"I should be asking you that question". He sighed and sat at the foot of the bed.

"I only lost a pint of blood. You lost a whole industry in minutes". I said shaking my head.

"Well, I'm still sorry". He replied averting his gaze. I knew he didn't want to talk about it.

"If y'all are done tossing sorry  around, could we come in?". Marley was stood at the door with a tray in one hand.