Night Swims

I got in my swim suit and took a picture for instagram.

With that I head down the stairs and the boys are chilling on the couch on their phones

With that I head down the stairs and the boys are chilling on the couch on their phones. "Last one there is a rotten egg" I said while running out of the house leaving them behind. I hear a bunch of no fairs before their footsteps are right by mine. I was close to the water so I was definitely going to be first-

Arthur grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder before dumping me into the cold water. "ARTHUR LECLERC" I screamed. Him and Charles were just laughing.

"Wanna play that game fine" I said while I ran out of the water towards Arthur and gave him a cold water hug. "NO NO GET OFF" he said while laughing. I then and went to Charles who instead just took full advantage and threw me in the water again. But this time he went into the water too.

"HEY" I said while being soaked again. "We need to get used to it anyway, let Arthur be a baby" he said teasingly at Arthur. "Wait I'm coming" he said while slowing walking in and expressing many emotions on his face. Me and Charles were laughing at this.

When he finally caught up to us in the ocean he pushed Charles. Instead of fighting back Charles just looked at him and Arthur smiled back.

"So catch me up what's been happening" I say to them. This is what our annual first night swim consists of. Us catching each other up with our lives. With this Formula One deal and new girlfriend they have a ton to tell me.

"Oh well you know me just racing and stuff" Arthur says, "Ive been trying to get an offer from the Ferrari Driver Academy". "Ferrari boys i see" I say because Charles was in the Ferrari Driver Academy too.

"What about you Nadia, what's happening in New York" Arthur says. "Hmm let's see" I say reflecting. New York is crazy 24/7 with my classmates being apart of the ultra rich, life is definitely a bubble. And it seems that something insane happens everyday but everyone chooses to ignore it. "New York is definitely New York" I say. "Um Im still friends with Katerina and Elena, and this year I had a small term boyfriend, but with us both being gone over the summer we decided to end it" I said.

Alex, my boyfriend, was more of a friend to me. We only really got together because our friend groups couldn't stop talking about how cute we would be. We told everyone we would get back together after the summer, but in reality I don't see that happening. He was nice and everything but it just didn't feel right.

"Unfair you didn't tell me this" Arthur said, "now I understand that guy you were always posting on your instagram" he finished. I smiled "yeah, it wasn't really tell worthy at the time, i knew it wasn't gonna last long" I said.

"Anyways, your turn Charles" I say facing him because he is so quiet.

"I've been training with Pierre and just dealing with all the Formula One stuff" he starts, "I have a girlfriend too, her name is gigi" he says. 

"So when can I meet her" I say around the small waves of the ocean. "More like when can we meet her" Arthur says.  "Wait you never met her" I say facing Arthur. I then look back at Charles when he nods.

"It's just been busy I haven't been really thinking.." Charles says while looking down, obviously knowing that that sentence was very insane.

"Well I'm free tomorrow are you guys?" i ask.
"Yup all yours" Arthur says back.
"Yes" Charles says.
"Well let's meet her tomorrow, yacht boat day." I finish with excitement. My dad has a boat here, and it's the only time I ever really ride a boat during the whole year. Plus meeting Charles' girlfriend on the boat will help ease the pain of this stupid crush I have on him. If I get sad I can jump in the water and pretend salt got in my eyes.

"I'm down" Arthur smiles while looking at Charles who is looking iffy.

He finally caves in after a minute and a whole lots of puppy eyes me and Arthur give him. "Fine I guess it's a yacht boat day" he says.

"Great now let's get out before we die" I say going to the sand of the beach. When they catch up to me they both put their arms around me and we huddle home to find some warmth from the water.

When we make it back home they hug me bye before going to their house and I walk into mine. "Hey honey" my mom says, "you must be freezing" she laughs. "I know" I say, "I'm gonna shower then head to bed, I love you guys" I say before giving my mom a kiss goodnight. My dad screams from the kitchen, "GOODNIGHT KIDDO". I laugh before heading up.

I hear a notification after I get in bed. I grab my phone from my nightstand. I laugh at his ridiculous name that he put for himself after a cup pong game we played when we were kids.

                   Undisputed cup pong KING 😍🥰

Charles: remember when I was 16, you were 15, and We stole your dads car to go drive to France.

Me: Yeah the trouble we got into was astronomical. My dad never let me drive his cars again.

Charles: I missed you

Hm. I wonder why he would say that over text, but be so reserved in person.

Me: I missed you too Charles, I count down every second till I get to see you two each year

Charles: There's a party Sauber is throwing for me as a welcome. I want to bring you, it's this Saturday, will you come with me?

Me: Of course I will

Charles: Okay, sweet dreams Nadia

Me: goodnight Charles

The amount of redness and happiness on my face right now. He asked me to be his plus one to this party. Wait doesn't he have a literal girlfriend who I'm meeting tomorrow. Fuck now that makes everything complicated.