"Are you okay?" Steve asks softly resting his hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah.. just a lot of memories" you sigh.

"I know" he assures you.

"This is a dead end" Natasha scoffs.. "zero heat signatures, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off" she says, handing you the phone back.

You snap back to reality, looking out over an empty dark training field.

"No.. I don't think so" you assure her. "It can't be a coincidence"

Steve stand silently looking down at the bunker.

"What?" You asks.

"Come on" he says walking towards it with quick pace.

"What it it?" Natasha asks.

"Army regulations.. but this building is in the wrong place" he explains.

Steve breaks the lock with his shield, using all his strength to open the doors. You walk down the stairs, where the last sunlight doesn't cover. It's completely dark. You walk around searching for a light switch, anything that still might be functional.

You find one, dusting it off. As the light slowly spreads, lighting up the room. Then you know exactly where this is.

"This is SHIELD" Natasha states, looking down at the end of the room.

"It was the first base we ever used for SHIELD operations" you explain.

"You've been down here before?" Steve questions.

"I worked here.." you add.

You walk around the room, opening up a door to your left. It leads to the main office. You exhale sharply. Seeing the images hanging on the wall.

"Starks father and you?" Natasha chuckles, confusedly.

"It's a long story.. he was my best friend" you sigh. You chose that photo of him, he looked so serious in it.

"Let's just go" Steve says.

It was like the two of you just walked into a Time Capsule stuck in the past you spent so many years trying to escape. It was unreal.

"Do you have any idea if there was any hidden doors or anything around here?" Natasha asks, as the three of you walk around.

"Maybe.. I didn't stay here long. To many memories." You admit

Steve looks around seeing how one of the shelves looks slightly dislocated. "Guess we'll see" he smiles.

Pulling it to the side, with all his force. Exposing a large door at the end of a hallway.

"Why hide the elevator?" Steve turns around to ask you.

"I don't know.. I've never been down there before.." you admit. "After we fished out the tesseract from the ocean, we stored it in the basement. But that wasn't really my arena" you add.

"Looks like SHIELD always had secrets" Steve scowls.

"It's password protected, any ideas?"

"Fourth of July" you say.

Steve looks to you in disbelief... it  was his birthday.

Love everlasting - Avengers fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara