2.Quirk Apprehension Test

A 8 year old Marshall looked outside the orphanage window to see a woman form child protective services arguing with a noticeably tall woman with long black hair and very pale skin. She had an aura of intimidation about her that took its toll on the smaller docile lady making hero cough from her lit cigarette as she tried to stop her approaching the building. She wore a black v neck and beat up leather jacket with a pair of dark-faded ripped skinny jeans and boots. She also flashed a thin golden chain necklace that hung above her scarred chest. Similarly; smaller cuts marked her pale lips, not that they did anything to diminish their glossy shine.

Ignoring the woman, giving her an earful and removing her pair of golden tinted aviator shades, the tall woman caught Marshall's gaze through the window. Her expression softened a bit as she mouthed something to the boy. Suddenly the child services lady placed her hand on the woman's shoulder, in exchange she got a tightly balled fist around her shirt collar before other adults came rushing over to intervene. It sounded like a lot of yelling insured as well as a few men and women falling to the ground in muffled pain outside. Marshall sank down from the window and sat on the floor, squinting to trap his tears.

*beep beep beep*

Marshall: ...Go away mom.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

the boy blinked his eyes and silenced his alarm clock without an ounce of tiredness in his eyes. He must've got lost in thought. Laying still for a moment he smiled.

Marshall: (That's right... It's my first day at UA)

Sitting up on his coverless bed, Marshall was already ready for the day. Putting on his blazer, he fiddled with his tie for a while and decided on stuffing it in his back pocket for now, not knowing it spilled out a little. At the door he put on his best boots; a pair of Suede boots he saved up for with a few months of allowance. There wasn't a strict footwear dress code at UA for classes and despite Marshall's usual disinterest in looking neat and proper that wasn't to say he didn't appreciate nice stuff.

Marshall: *Under breath* Uhp- Almost laced em up. Welp, I'm off!

... ... ...

The small dark flat was silent in response.

Marshall: Oh yeah, I live alone...

*At UA Academy*

Walking through the halls, searching for his classroom, Marshall reuniting with a familiar freckled face.

Marshall: 1-A 1-A 1- Ayy! Izuku Midoriya, We both made it huh.

Marshall gave Midoriya a rough handshake, greeting him before they entered their classroom.

Midoriya: M- Marshall, so you also passed. Well I guess I'm not surprised with that attitude of yours... It's kinda impressive.

Marshall rubbed under his nose bashfully, as if he'd never been complimented before.

Marshall: Oh Nah. I'm just a bastard *Chuckle*

Midoriya: O- oh...

Midoriya wasn't quite sure how to respond to that, quickly trying to change the subject.

Midoriya: S- so you're also in 1-A? *Serious look* The most promising students in the country are behind this door.

Marshall: *Grin* Not yet.

Midoriya peeked through the door to find Tenya Iida and Bakugo Katsuki already arguing about something fierce about school property. Marshall pulled the large door wide open, startling Izuku and grabbing all the student's attention.