Estrella smiled to herself at the way he sounded so much like a dad. Like a dad setting some rules for his kids while he took his wife out.

She didn't even notice she had zoned out and was staring at him until he called out her name, wiggling the fingers on the hand he was holding out for her.

"Ma, is everything good?" Fezco asked her.

"No yeah, I'm fine," Estrella laughed and took his hand, making Faye glance over at her for a second.

"Aight, let's go then."

Faye and Estrella exchanged looks as she followed Fezco out of the house, Faye giving her a reassuring smile, knowing she was probably nervous as fuck to give Fezco his gift.

"I love how you say the same shit to them every time we leave them home alone. You're such a dad," Estrella laughed at Fezco, his hand placed on the small of her back as he walked her to the passenger side of his car.

He smirked as he opened the car door, glancing down at his wife for a second before leaning on the car, "Yeah, yo daddy."

Estrella laughed, "Shut the fuck up."

Fezco smiled as she got into his car with an eyeroll, then closed the door for her and walked around the car to his side and got in.

"Can I have aux?" Estrella asked, resulting in Fezco placing his phone in her hand as he started his car. "Thank youuuu."

"Don't be playin no sad shit though, I ain't tryna cry before we go eat."

She laughed, "I won't."

Six Kendrick Lamar songs and a short makeout session during some traffic later, Fezco was parking outside the restaurant he had made a reservation for, looking over at his wife and the gift bag she was now holding up for him.

"I was gonna give it to you after we ate but I literally cannot wait anymore, like I'll fucking explode or something soooo can you open it now?" She smiled and placed the bag in between them before he could answer.

"I didn't know we was getting each other gifts so ion got nothin for you b–"

"No, it's okay," Estrella shook her head and pushed the bag closer to him. "Don't worry about it. Just open it."

"Aight but I was gonna also say that I did write you a lil sum though," Fezco shyly revealed as he grabbed the envelope he sealed with the love letter he wrote for her out of his jacket.

"You wrote me something?" Estrella asked him as she took the envelope in her hand.

Fezco hummed a response as he watched a smile forming on her face while she read her name off the envelope, then met eyes with his and smiled a little bigger.

"Is not like, I'm not like a poet or nun but I mean, is just a bunch of shit ion really know how to say. Like wit actual words," Fezco tried to explain. "Don't read it yet, ion wanna be around."

Estrella laughed, "Okay, I won't. I'll sneak off to the bathroom when we're eating."

"Damn you gon ditch me on our date?" Fezco scoffed.