Chapter 1 (Legit)

Magic is a mysterious power. An energy that can be controlled, courses your body like blood in your veins, and can alter the fabric of reality. Magic can be, in some instances, based on your strength in the use of magic or powers you can derive from otherworldly beings, but at a cost.

Some use these spells for good, others for their own personal uses, and some to serve a being of evil.

In a world filled with many strange oddities, there are often beings that also use these kinds of magic. And such magic can vary; eldritch magic, magic drawn from cosmic beings, dark magic, magic associated with demonic beings, and other types of magic either too dangerous or too disastrous to even consider explaining at this point.

There are many such beings, either angelic or demonic or in-between. Some go to academies to hone their skills, others are self-taught, and some learn from masters who have excelled in the use of magic.

They are either pieces in the cogs of life, subservient to one's will, or free agents who do what they want with their own powers.

But nothing spells a lot of magic and strange happenings than the country of Japan, home to some powerful monsters, sometimes known as yokai, and home to other creatures that border the different realms of the universe. And there are even beings from different cultures who have made their home in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Some even hail from Europe!

There are many different monsters and beings capable of magic use and those who simply don't know that it exists or refuse to believe so.

~~~

In the mediocre-looking town of Kuoh, a boy can be seen walking down the street, looking around at the different people passing by as he carried some books beneath his armpit. He wore simple, casual clothes; a red jacket around his person, with a blue shirt beneath it. He had the hood of the jacket down, revealing his (H/C) hair. The pupils of his (E/C) eyes scanned over the crowd around him, that he could see. The many people he passed by, the individuals who lived their own lives, all were just as regular as you and me. They minded their own business, either they were busy with their own work, simply wishing to go about their day with no problems whatsoever, or holding a flier talking about a reunification center that had opened up on the other side of town.

The boy kept his eyes on the hands of the people he passed, whether they were typing away at a keyboard, holding their phones up to their faces, or even doing a simple job of eating. He held his free hand up and scratched his face through the yellow winter glove he was wearing. He let out a small sigh, before lowering his hand and balling it into a fist, clenching it in a way so he could pop his thumb.

Once he heard the loud "pop!" from his thumb...

"Ow!" He winced, holding his hand up, feeling the stinging pain that coursed through the joint. "Don't pop your fingers, you idiot," he said to himself, in a hushed voice, before looking over towards the people again. He could see couples holding hands or children holding their parents hands, a duo of people preparing mochi; a skill in Japan that requires skill and precision, and an ice cream vendor doing fancy tricks with the ice cream cones and the scoops. He looked over his hand for a moment, giving them a once over to ensure that they were not badly injured.

After a while of walking down the sidewalk in silence, looking around at everything around him and and even towards the books he held beneath his armpit, before coming upon a couple of people standing at the sidewalk of a large house.

"Seriously, we were sent to check this place out?" One boy asked. This one had large, brown hair and brown eyes, looking towards the building like he was freaked out. He seemed like an absolute pussy, not to mention a complete pervert. One look at this guy and girls would turn around from five miles away. He looked at the building as if he believed that the haunted houses in carnivals and fairs were actually scary, or haunted. He dared not approach the suspicious looking building, even if he had probable cause.