"yeah?" you say feeling your heart start to beat faster.

"do you love me?" you notice his eyes red and puffy and it seemed as though he was crying. his breath suddenly reeked with alcohol. but he seemed sober.

you bite your lip, "i do, bryan." you say playing it safe. the word love suddenly making you think of sodapop curtis.

you have gotten pretty close with him ever since this thing with bryan started. you haven't told anyone but i guess you just got each other.

"you are such a liar!" he yells slamming his fists on the wheel making you jump.

"bryan! please just calm down!" you say starting to shake.

he pulls up in front of your house and you pray that no ones inside.

"i'm not going to calm down! you lied!" he spits in your face, raising his hand. you don't try to defend yourself knowing it'll only make it worse.

it stung more then usual as you brought your hand up to your cheek. your vision suddenly flamed red.

"fuck you bryan," you snarl, lunging yourself at him. you try to get a couple punches in but you end up smacking him a good across the face. you couldn't take it anymore and you quickly grab your bag from the back and hop out of the car- slamming the door and walking to your door.

tears stream down your face as you grab your keys from your bag and unlock the front door. the house seems absolutely quiet as you walk in expect for your loud sobs. with your hair all over the place you walk to the bathroom and start to wash your face.

you tie your hair up and examine your face. your left eye is already swollen, and seems to be already closing. your lip is busted with some bruises scattered everywhere. and then you notice that you still have on his jacket.

you tear it off, only having on a tank top and your jeans. you crumple the jacket up and leave it in the restroom not knowing what to do with it yet. you walk into the kitchen really craving some pepsi.

you open the fridge when you suddenly hear the sound of the door opening and voices fill the house. you try to squeeze in between the fridge and counter but the space is too small.

the voices get closer and you could make them out as steve and soda. you suddenly freeze, not knowing what to do.

soda and steve come into view and they both stop and gasp at the sight of you.

"y/n! what happened? who did this to you?" steve yells, pulling you into a tight embrace.

"it was bryan! wasn't it? i knew there was something off about him! i'll be back!" sodapop yells, running out the front door and slamming it behind him.

you start to cry into steve's shoulder and he rubs your back, trying to comfort you.

"was it bryan?" he asks, pulling away and looking at you. his eyes are shinny like glass. you nod.

"why didn't you tell anyone y/n?" he whispers pulling you towards him. you hear him start to cry too.

"he threatened me" you say, pulling away from him.

"lets go! come on! i'm going to go find him right now!" he yells dragging you out the door and into his truck.

"i'll drop you off at the curtis house, alright?" you nod. you were feeling kind of uneasy as you pulled up into their driveway.

steve opens your door and helps you down.

"go inside!" he instructs, making his way back to the drivers seat.

"steve be careful! i know for a fact he has a gun!"

he gives you a simple nod before he drives fastly down the driveway.

you slowly make your way up the steps and open the door. two pairs of eyes widen at your appearance.

"y/n... what happened?" ponyboy asks, getting up and examining your face which now ached harshly.

you sigh and plop down on the couch. only pony and johnny seem to be here. you guess the rest of them went with soda. you bet they went to go beat the shit out of bryan.

"bryan." you say simply. you didn't know why but you were getting really annoyed with people asking the same question and having to tell them the whole story.

pony and johnny look at each other, and then pony leaves the room for one second and appears again with a wet rag.

he sits down next to you and starts to dab at your wounds.

"i knew something was up with you and bryan, y/n!" johnny says.

"i know you did. anytime you went with him you would always give me this look." you say.

to your surprise at that moment the front door went flying open and the whole gang ran in. they beat up some socs, including bryan, and are pretty excited about it. you start to smile and then stop because it hurts.

once everyone's quite down they all go and clean their faces. they all give you some comforting words too. you sit on the couch and watch as soda pulls up a chair and sits on the other side of the couch next to you.

"we beat him up real good you know," he says calmly, reaching for your hand,"why didn't you tell anyone? you know we could've done something."

"i was scared." you say, scooting more back into the couch.

"you wouldn't be if you were with me y/n," he sighs before looking deeply into your eyes, "y/n i've been wanting to ask you this for along time now. ever since we started getting real close these last couple of weeks. will you be my girlfriend?" he squeezes your hand, waiting for a response.

"i'd love to." you say smiling, before leaning in. he connects your lips and soon enough you hear two-bit cheering in the background.