5 - the race down under

ALICE'S PoV

I woke up on Sunday feeling happy. I got out of bed, and got ready for the day.

I put on a white top and blue jeans, some simple jewelry and put my things into a black purse

I went downstairs to the lobby quickly and ate breakfast. When I came back up to my room, I put my hair up in a high ponytail so it would be out of my face.

I heard my phone ding and saw a text from George.

Brother dearest
When are you ready to go?

Me
Right now, dummy.

Brother dearest
Okay meet me in the lobby in 5 so we can go to the track.

Me
Okay.

I grabbed my camera, went down and met George in the lobby and we left to the track. When we walked through the paddock George said quick  a 'Hey, how are you?' to his fellow driver friends.

We got in the Williams garage and George went to a meeting about race strategy with some engineers and other people. Meanwhile I watched the mechanics prepare the cars for the race.

I tapped one of the mechanics who were on the side on his shoulder. "Hi, I'm Alice! Can I quickly film a video with you for my vlog?" I asked him politely.

"Sure, you're George's sister, right?" He said. "Yeah, I am." I said and smiled.

We went a bit further away from all the noise of the people working, right outside the garage. I pulled out my camera, turned it on and started talking with who I learned to be Henry, a part of the pit crew.

"So, what's it like being a pit mechanic in F1?"

"It's fun. You make a lot of friends and get to know a lot of people."

"How long have you been working for the Williams F1 team?"

"Yeah, it's my 5th year with the team."

"Wow, that's a long time. I think Williams have had 5 different drivers in that time. How has the crew been with adjusting to new people apart of the team?"

"Yeah.. I think the more you are in the sport the more easily you adjust to things changing."

I asked him a few more questions and then it was time to seriously start preparing for the race.

It was now 2.45pm and the race would start at 3.00pm, so the cars were being rolled out onto the track. Some interviewer was doing the track walk for TV in the background while I was vlogging all the noise and rush of the race starting.  You could feel the excitment and nervousness of the first race.