1 - down under

ALICE'S PoV

It's beginning of the Formula One season. It's my brother's, George Russell's rookie season and I'm following him for my vlog, for the whole season.

I'm super excited, but also nervous. Right now, it's the Monday before race week and I'm in the London Airport, getting on a flight to the first Grand Prix, in Melbourne, Australia.

"Hey, Al! Come on. We're about to miss our flight!" my brother yells to me, as I'm vlogging our trip.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming."

We board our flight and get settled into our seats.
"This is gonna be a long flight." my brother sighs. "Yep." I agreed.

I take a time-lapse of our plane taking off, and put my camera back into my bag. I pull out my notebook and I start making a list of questions, I'm going to ask the drivers when I interview them for my vlog.

During the flight I sleep for a while, edit my latest vlog and answer some comments.

@ f1fan5678
Are you going to interview your own brother?
Reply: @ alicerussell yes, I'm interviewing everyone, including George.

@ lewisismyhero
Omg! I can't wait for the next vid! Especially your interview with Lewis!
Reply: @ alicerussell I'm a bit nervous, I hope it goes well!

~

A long 14 hour flight later, we're finally in Melbourne.

George and I walk to pick up our bags and go out to meet the rest if the team.

There's a bus at the airport parking area and a lot of the Williams crew. My brother spots some of his engineers and mechanics, so we go to introduce myself.

"Hey Mike, good to see you!" my brother greets one of the mechanics.
"Hey! It's been a while" he says giving George a quick hug.
"So this is my twin sister Alice." he says introducing me.
"Hi. Nice to meet you!" I say smiling and shaking his hand.
"Nice to meet you too! I'm Mike."

I meet few more of the Williams crew. Luke, the social media manager. Jonathan, another mechanic. And finally Claire Williams, the team principal.

The bus takes us to the hotel near the track. We get our rooms and settle in.

~race week, Thursday~

I woke up to the Australian sun blazing through my room. I checked my phone for a while and started to get ready to meet my brother at breakfast, like we planned.

I was waiting for George in the hotel lobby. People from other teams were also going to breakfast. Finally when George came to the lobby, we went together to the hotel restaurant to eat.

"So, how'd you sleep? Are you nervous?" I asked my twin brother while sipping my tea.
"Well. Not at all." He said much less enthusiastically than me.

We chatted about today's schedule and what would be happening during the weekend.

After we finished up with breakfast, we went back to our rooms and got everything ready for the day.