Shut the blinds next time

-Mature 18+ content-

Autumn had sprung in Westopolis, a cold cool breeze rushing through the orange and sienna leaves, blowing dozens off the branches in which they resided. Several street lamps had already flickered on, a grey sheen of sky enveloped the city as cars drove past the entrance of an apartment building. Tyres splashed brown muddy puddles onto the curb from the days rain, causing many pedestrians to jump aside and avoid the brown sludge they were soon to be met with if they carried on walking where they were. The apartment complex was a rather flashy, yet sophisticated building. Large cream marble stairs highlighted by cosy yellow lamps were nestled between two bay windows. A big oak door was seated at the top of the marbled steps, the gold knobs sparkling in the lamp light. 

A dark hedgehog could be seen racing across the road, slowing as the form got to the other side of the pavement, and made his way up the steps. Shadow shuddered to himself gently as he stood beneath a canopy situated above the front door, shaking his quills free from the previous downpour of the day.

Shadow had spent his (rather mundane) day at G.U.N, which he really quite wished he hadn't. Him and Rouge hadn't been sent on any missions as of recently, and the striped hedgehog found himself becoming restless at the thought of sifting through another child kidnapping case. Even if it was just patrol work, Shadow would've preferred it over the first choice; but unfortunately for Shadow, he was damn good at catching criminals and figuring out clues that other G.U.N agents took days pondering on. So maybe it was Shadow's own fault for excelling so well in what he did.

Shaking himself once again of the rain, and the events of the day, Shadow placed a key fob on a small concealed panel on the door frame, which in turn made a soft buzzing noise, the door coming free from its lock. Almost instantly after pushing against the heavy wood Shadow was enveloped by the warmth of the building, his soaking metal shoes stepped over the threshold.

xxx

Somewhere; on the opposite side of the city, hidden amongst the deep dark leaves of the forest that faced the east side of the concrete jungle, red shoes smacked dirt. An azure streak of blue lit up the dark gloomy paradise, which could be seen above the canopies of trees if given a birds eye view. Rain droplets slipped from each singular leaf, landing with a splash into the moist earth below, turning the forest floor into a muddy slip and slide- which didn't seem to bode as a problem for the Blue Blur.

A laugh came from the muzzle of the blue hedgehog as he yelled and whooped to himself, enjoying the feeling of running, pure freedom and elation rushing through his fur, penetrating the skin beneath. Sonic was used to running in wet conditions, sometimes even preferred it. There was something so joyous in rainy days. The pitter patter of rainfall the hedgehog had to endure, usually served as a game to him, the environment creating another challenge combined into whatever terrain he was already running on. Dodging the drops like they were bullets, Sonic pushed on, his shoes dancing between mud, rain and leaves, kicking up a storm of dirt behind him.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Sonic already knew where his feet were heading as he subconsciously ran towards the clearing between a sea of wet trees, the grey high rises and alleys of shops coming into his view as he headed for his destination.

xxx

Shadow had no idea how this had started. A strange wave of events had lead up to this moment, causing this to now become almost a weekly routine. There were times when the blue and black hedgehogs wouldn't see each other, however, those moments were  now few and far between.

Red eyes were half lidded as he drank in the view of the blue body that was pressed against him, moaning in pleasure. Shadow's hands were clenched deep into his quills, gripping the blue head closer and closer to his, forcing him into a deep lust filled kiss. The pair seemed to have a unique connection that they hadn't found in anyone else before.