ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1 ~ 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔑𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔦𝔱 𝔅𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔫

A loud rumbling woke me from my sleep. 

A woman screams. 

I open my eyes and sit up in my bed. I hear a group of men shouting, and I notice a red light flickering like fire coming from my window.

Dragons.

I hopped out of my bed and threw my clothes and armor on. The destruction outside was dreadful, the sound of flames and people clamoring roared in my ears. 

The bellows of dragons as they soared through the skies might strike fear into the everyday Viking but I have to say I'm used to it by now.

I made my way outside, dodging balls of flames as I ran to the town's blacksmith. 

I grabbed an axe from the racks of weapons, and a net to make the job a little easier. (You see, the dragons are pretty ruthless outside the Archipelago.)

I'm (____) Torsten (Meaning Thor's stone), and I live in a world where dragons and humans are constantly at each other's throats. 

Dragons are nasty creatures, strong, scaly things that can come as small as a cat, to as large as a mountain. 

These large reptiles have a different range of powers that make wrangling them incredibly difficult. 

Thankfully, I know a guy.

I spotted my best friend Eret Son of Eret holding out a sword towards a Gronckle hovering above him. 

The great beast spit flames his way, illuminating the ground around him, Eret skillfully blocked the attacks with a shield. 

Unfortunately, this one wasn't out of firepower yet, I ran towards the dragon, the large net ready in hand.

Eret and I grew up together, and have been friends since we could walk. We train with one another almost every day, and we are pretty much always by each other's side.

"I'm right behind you!" I called out, tossing the net into the air. 

It fell over the Gronckle and I started to secure the strong twine around it as the massive creature squirmed. 

"(____)! You should be inside!" Eret shouted, grabbing the other side of the net and tying it around the dragon.

"We need as many Vikings out here as we can get!" I replied, motioning to the burning buildings and the men and women running around frantically. 

"We can handle it on our own! You need to be somewhere safe; you could get hurt! "Eret disputed, struggling to hold down Gronckle's wings.

 "The village rules say I'm old enough to be helping! My birthday's just after yours, you know!" I argued, having just turned eighteen a month after him.

With a swift motion I tied down the Gronckle's wings and dusted my hands off, "Besides, did you really think you could handle this one on your own?" I asked, motioning to the dragon. 

"I had it covered!" Eret disagreed, waving over some other villagers to take care of the dragon.

"Really (____), a pretty girl like you shouldn't be out here in danger." Eret added, trying to annoy me so I would give up and go home.

Things had always been a little flirtatious between us I guess, but nothing to serious . . . I don't think.

"Well if all the pretty girls are staying out of danger, we should both get inside shouldn't we?" I disputed.

I quickly turned on my heels to speed off, helping a man out from under some rubble.

"Well I-" Eret blinked, "(____)!" He exclaimed, following after me.