Chapter 2- First Day of Training

Jess' POV

Frustrated with myself, i started my homework.

When my roomate Sarah opened the door and squeled with joy. Running over to me, she jumped up and down with glee. Staring at her like she was an idiot and asked," What's up with you?"

Like I asked her the million dollar question that she knew, she sat down on my bed. "Ok," she said," theres this new guy down the hall and he is totally hot, you should come see him. His name is Mark and he is so dreamy, i heard he is going to be teaching someone how to use their powers."

Ugh, Mark, just when i thought i would get him off my mind." Yeah i know who he is," i tightly told her," he's my new teacher."

 And just like that, her eyes widened and her mouth fell open. She groaned with envy, "LUCKY! i would kill to have him as my teacher. Ugh life is such a bitch sometimes."

"Tell me about it," i said under my breath. Then more loudly," You shouldn't fall for him, he's a complete jerk."

"What!? No he isn't. I just talked with him, and he is so sweet...and yummy. Did you see how hot he is?"

I did notice his looks, but thats just apart of his stupid incognito and I'll never admit to anyone that i thought he was attractive. So i replied back with a no to my roomate. That got me a 'you're so oblivous! Ugh! You are so weird!' and a slam in the doorway.

With her gone, i sighed and went back to studying.

The next day i went through all my classes, trying to get myself back into a routine. I dreaded for last period, spending an hour and extra time with him was going to be painful. When the bell finally rang for last period, i dragged myself to the gym, purposly walking slow so i would be late.

Mark's POV

Where the hell is she? Its been ten minutes already, i don't want to spend any extra time of my own to teach her. I want this to be quick and smooth.

The gym door opened and slammed shut. Finally, i thought.

when she finally go dressed, i got up and said," Why are you late?"

Shrugging, and then giving me a glare and snapped," It's none of your business, let's just get this stupid training over and go our seperate ways."

"Fine," i snapped back

Jess' POV

Ugh, the man infuriates me!!!!!

"So we are going to start out with you deflecting objects  i throw at you." Wait, What? Deflect them, i don't even know how to barley lift one up with my mind. Mark got out tennis balls and started chucking them at me with his powers. Shrieking i tried to duck them, but most of them ended up hitting me.

"Jessica use your powers, stop blocking the in your mind." Mark yelled at me.

What is he talking about? Stop blocking them with my mind? More and more things were being thrown at me: blocks,more tennis balls, footballs.

"Jessica!! Don't think of them as things hitting you, thinking of a bubble around you that can deflect objects being thrown at you and then control that by staring at the objects and then flinging them off in your mind."

"OK! First of all," i screamed at him, a football hitting me in the head," i have no idea what you are talking about. And secondly, stop calling me Jessica , I Hate that name! and Thrid of all your method isn't working AT all!" Suddenly things stopped hitting me. Looking up i saw Mark march over to me.

"Fine, Jess! Stop overthinking about things, here look at a football."

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

Sighing in frustration i looked at the football 4 feet away from me. "Now imagine a bubble around it." What kind of method is he using? But i did as was asked.

"Now in your mind, imagine fligging the bubble across the room."

Doing that, i flung as hard as i could, and as if the fooball was attached to my brain it flew across the room and slammed into the wall, causing bricks to fall off.

"O MY GOD! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!" I jumped up and down with happiness. Turing back to Mark,"That was good right?" But when i looked at him, he stared at me with wide eyes. "What?" i asked in horror,"did i do something wrong. I did everything you said!"

"No, No, No" he quickly said,"that was terrific, its just i've never seen someone with such little experience levetate an object with such speed to break a wall."

"Oh," i said. He was complementing me. I didn't expect that......

Mark's POV

Holy crap, she powerful. I can't even do what she just did. I give her props for that. When i wanted to get back on task, Jessica just kept ignoring me and flinging stuff around. Angery becasue she was ignoring me, i said,"Ok, now that you know preschool level of your powers, can we please move on."

Her eyes snapped up to me with hate in them. Wow, i didn't expect that, i thought she was just going to shake it off and say a sassy come back.

"What did you just say? Prechool level? I'm not a child, ok. I'm just happy, ok. I've just learned something tht i've been wanting to learn since i was 14. So can you just back off for a sec?!"

"Listen miss sass queen. I need to get you ready to graduate and that means you keep learning after you accomplished apart of your power." My anger was rising by the minute, ready to explode any second.

"Stuck up?! I'm not stuck up!" she shrieked

"Oh really. I bet your mommy and daddy payed for this school right? Do you live is a big house with a big yard and have a fancy living area?" i retorted back at her, laughing at the irony of this conversation.

"You don't even know me! And no i don't have any of that. For your information my parents are dirt poor. I got here becasue the law said i had to be. I've worked hard at this school like everything else i have to work for in my life. So you telling me I'm a stuck up b*tch is going over the line!" She marched to the exit sign. Stopped abruptly and turned around. She was concentrating on something hard, and then a bunch of footbals and tennis balls hit me, knocking me to the ground. With a smirk, she turned around and stormed out the door. Damn her!!!

Jess' POV

I ran to my room and did something i haven't done since i was 10. Cried. Alot