treinta y cuatro | trending

Dawn | trending

It was a Tuesday when 'quackity' became trending on Twitter. Not that it's an unusual occurrence, it's just the reason for it is something I didn't expect.

It's been 2 months since we got home from the UK, life went on as it usually would. Only that Alex has decided he would drive me to work and pick me up after my shift. I have told him several times he needn't do that because I work indefinite hours and could end at ungodly times but that didn't sway him the least bit.

Back to why he's trending; with over 65K tweets, the photo he posted on Instagram simply captioned 'I'm taller' has taken the internet by storm.

"I'm sorry, I hope you're not mad. I'll take it down if you want me to," he apologized. He held both my hands, swinging them back and forth, his eyes locked with mine.

I smiled and shook my head gently in response, "I'm not. It's okay, you don't have to delete it." I give lightly brush my lips against his cheek and squeezed his hands.

He had posted a selfie of us taken a few weeks back at an amusement park. My face was blacked out but I vividly remember the expression I wore when this photo was taken.

The sun was setting that time so the sky was a beautiful amalgamation of warm hues. Behind us was a clear view of the park, kissed by the sunset. He had one arm around my waist, the other holding his phone. My head rested by his shoulder and a bright smile, I'm sure, was on my face. I had dressed up that day, I felt unusually good about the way I looked —I worked hard to fix myself up. Then added to Alex's sweetness, the way his countenance progressively changed from happy to happier throughout the day, it was the formula to a wonderful date.

Alex's expression was no different from mine. His eyes were scrunched up at the sides, what most people would call a smile that reached the eyes. It was beautiful, he was beautiful. It was easily one of the best photos we've ever taken together.

The reactions varied: some were surprised, some expressed how they had a hunch, and some think he's joking (and that his companion was actually a family member or a friend just pretending, just him and his usual jests).

He glances at my phone on the table, the comment section clearly displayed on the screen. Alex presses on the power button and pushes it to the side, "Don't read that." I knew I didn't need to scroll through that section, I may not be the type to care what other people think of me, but having people dislike me for dating Alex is something that probably won't sit well.

What am I even thinking? They don't even know who I am! Of course that doesn't take away the sleuths and the detectives; concluding it's 'Practically' after measurements and comparisons with other videos and photos where I was present. You can't deny their exemplary brainworks.

I smile at him and nod, agreeing with him (but I probably will continue reading when he's away). "What are you doing?" His expression looked confused, as to why I was sprawled on the floor, reading comments and tinkering with what I found at Target a few weeks ago.

"Trying to calm down and destress," I say like it's the most obvious thing.

"That explains this little thing you do with your hair," he points then squishes my messy bun in his palm. He smiled, amused, "Destressing by playing 500-piece jigsaw puzzle?"

"You're judging me now?"

"Whoa, calm down, mi engrasador de copa. No need to get your cute little Minnie Mouse panties in a twist," he put his hands up in surrender when I sent him a glare over the remark. He finds one in my dresser once when it was open and suddenly I'm baptized as someone with Minnie Mouse panties. Mind you, I only have one! Just one because my sister's daughter loved Minnie Mouse and thought a pair of Minnie Mouse panty and bra would make a lovely gift for my 27th birthday.