Chapter 1: Golden Girl

Start from the beginning

"Alright, you're on, new girl! The name is Dan Kouzo!"

He gushed out, rapidly pulling out and holding Drago. Shira just bowed before holding out Genesis, "I hope to prove our strengths and have a worthy battle, Dan Kouzo."

The class was hustled out into one of the many arenas. "Well Dan got what he asked for" Shun exclaimed, sitting down in one of the closest rows he could get. "Against the new girl at that, he better hope he wins" Lia stated, plopping down, Ajit just laughed before Wynton threw a little stab.

"He better otherwise we won't let him live it down"

They all started chuckling to themselves, Lightning sliding his way in at the last second, grabbing the seat next to Ajit. Eventually, Dan and Shira walked their way into the stadium. Shira had never done a battle in an environment like this, so she was a bit nervous. Dan was in his natural element though, you could see the excitement in his eyes, confetti had just been popped from it's canon. "I've been wanting to do one of these today, thanks for the opportunity" Dan exclaimed, Shira just nodded, a bit expressionless.

"Alright, time to battle!"

Dan flicked out his gate cards. "Gate card set" setting up the dome. Shira was a little confused but went along with it anyway.

"BAKUGAN, BRAWL!"

As the battle commences, the Bakugan stand and stare at each other. An arising tension fills the atmosphere. "I've never seen that Bakugan before" Dan blinks, taking in the knight like being in front of Drago. "We'll just have to be careful, we don't know what moves they could pull here, plus their evolutions could be quite difficult to deal with" Drago stated, getting into a defensive stance. Dan just nodded

"Well then let's take them out quickly. Drago twisting inferno!"

A blast of energy shoots from the dragon. "Genesis, deflect" Dan just snickered, you can't reflect twisting inferno.

Boy was he in for a surprise.

Genesis jumped up in the air and forcefully held back twisting inferno with its leg, and putting enough force, hit it back at Drago, who was just as surprised as it's partner. Drago took a while to recover, causing Dan to grin.

"ALRIGHT THEN, NO HOLDING BACK!"

It was like this for a bit, a back and forth battle of strength and speed, Dan had the upper hand though, not by much but he had it. Evolution after evolution, Dan was getting more and more intrigued in his opponent. Shira's Bakugan was very unique, like Drago in a way, which made the battle even more exciting.

"Alright Drago, we need a way to slow their speed mode down"

Dan started running around, searching for a core. "I could try and hold it, then attack as it's in my hands" Drago suggested, flying around throwing and dodging attacks. Dan's face lit up, yeah that could work, effectively.

"Alright Drago, let's do this!"

Shira looked over at the partners, picking up another core. "I wonder what they're doing, I've never had a battle like this, I'm still sort of confused." Genesis eventually landed near Shira looking over to its partner. "It looks like they're preparing for an attack my mistress." Shira nodded, Dan seemed to be armed and ready for a massive blow. "Alright then, Genesis, searing blades." A glowing, almost dangerous aura grew around Genesis as it charged, swords ready to strike. Dan snickered.

Just as he had planned.

"Drago now!" Genesis stopped dead in their tracks, Drago had held them back with his tail and hands. Shira raised an eyebrow, a weird tactic but it works. She watched Dan's face grow into a massive grin.

"Well this has been fun, a lot of fun actually I hope we will be able to battle again soon. Anyways Drago, twisting inferno!"

In a last minute scram, as Dan threw his core, Shira frantically threw one at Genesis as well, hoping it'd keep them alive for a bit. A bright blast of red and white blinded the stadium for a few seconds before everything came into view again. Shira hoped this ended well, although knew the reality. Although reality isn't always what you perceive.

"My mistress..."

Shira swiftly turned towards the call, Genesis was stammering on low energy. It barely survived, getting struck with a massive force of power. Dan and Drago were confused and very much surprised. "I wish for our first battle here to have lasted longer, so I tried to preserve my energy. I will not go down to a pathetic tactic like that," Genesis stated, lifting itself up with its sword. You could hear a sort of offended noise from Dan. "I understand Genesis," Shira stated, her Bakugan is a noble knight after all.

"Let's go out with a bang."

A sudden burst of elemental energy filled the stadium, forging what seemed to be a core, a different core from what everyone had seen before. "It seems to be calling me" Genesis piqued. Shira could feel it too, a sudden power that was nothing she'd ever felt before. "Alright let's do this" a swift movement and Genesis was back in ball form.

"Genesis evolution!"

Another bright flash, a sudden force pushing Dan and Drago back. The AO were on their feet. "What's happening? Dan had this battle in his favour and then" Wynton said, trying to block his eyes from the light. "What is this feeling, it's so powerful!" Pegatrix stated, all the Bakugan were transfixed. It wasn't long before something emerged.

"Genesis, Deity of Order."

Full view of what seemed to be Genesis came into sight, as well as what seemed to be Shira. "This battle is not over until you face the will of my blade" they spoke in sync, it was unsettling. "Dan what do we do?" Drago frantically asked, looking to his partner for some sort of idea. "I don't know Drago just keep your ground" Dan was caught up in the moment, he's never experienced something like this before.

"Let's finish this quickly Genesis" Shira picked up a glowing core, surging with power.

"Oblivion!"

Okay Dan had to do something fast. "Drago hold your ground!" a ball of white light emerged from Genesis's hands before it was thrown in the air. Genesis launches and with a powerful blow, strikes it towards Drago. Dan was too caught up in the moment to even call for Drago to dodge and before long.

A flash of light.

····

A red ball rolled towards Dan's feet, seemingly guilty. "I'm sorry Dan" Drago stated, Dan sighed "It's not your fault Drago, I should've done something." Genesis launched back to where it was before, sliding it's sword into a hilt before both it and Shira went back to their normal form. "What an interesting battle" Shira stated looking up at her Bakugan, smiling softly. It was a moment of nice silence before Genesis rolled into a ball and Shira suddenly collapsed. It took everyone else in the class a couple seconds to process what happened before reacting.

"ALRIGHT, Hurry! We need to get Shira to the infirmary, someone grab her Bakugan!"

Ms Weaver reacted, a look of worry in her eyes. "Everyone else back to class." Dan was the first there as he was just on the other side, the rest of the group joined him as well, lifting Shira and taking Genesis to somewhere they could get checked out.