dallas and the secret

Start from the beginning

"what the hell is going to in here?!" steve yells, his voice loud and angry as he flips the light switch on. your heart drops to your stomach.

steve doesn't know about you and dallas.

"steve, why are you in my room?!"  you scream, avoiding the bigger issue; dallas being in your room.

"dallas! what the fuck are you doing with my kid sister?" steve spats, ignoring you.

"calm down, randle i-" dallas tries.

"don't tell me to calm down man! i'm gonna ask you again," he says slowly, "what are you doing here?"

"steve stop! okay just stop," you breathe out stepping in between him and dallas who still sits on your bed. your mind is pounding like crazy as you stand in front of your older brother.

"we've been going together" you say simply. everyone is quite for more than 10 seconds. you heart beats faster with anticipation.

"get out."

steve's face is bunched up in an ugly snarl.  dallas doesn't move from your bed. you both stare at your older brother.

"steve-" you say, reaching out for him, he puts his arms out harshly, pushing you away, which sends you to the hard wood floor. suddenly dallas is up and in steve's face.

"why would you do that to y/n? you don't push your sister to the floor, randle!" dallas yells, his voice loud and angry.

you quickly get up from the floor, your emotions going too crazy to even address steve. you pull dallas by the hand and out the door. you don't even look back as steve yells from the doorsteps.

"your brother man... he's something else"

dallas says from beneath you. you guys were going to stay at buck's tonight. you lay on his bare chest, his heart beat comforting you.

"steve's just steve, dallas. his shove didn't even hurt bad, it's just that I didn't expect him to act this way you know?" you look up at dallas.

"he needs to understand that I love you," you say.

"y/n, we both knew steve wasn't going to accept us even before we made us official. that's why we didn't tell him," he quietly says, rubbing your shoulders.

the faint sound of music comes from downstairs. yells and laughter from the drunk people
comes in through your window.

"i know, i just wish he would accept us," you mumble. you wrap your arms around him tighter. dallas pulls you higher so that your straddling his waist.

"he will, over time."

he rubs your back, soothing you as you lean into him again. you couldn't help but let a few tears loose.

"i love you," you say placing a long kiss onto his lips.

dallas kisses you back, his hands on both of sides of your face as he turns you over so that he's ontop of you.

"i love you too y/n" he whispers into your neck.

"steve, i didn't come here to argue," you say. sodapop gives you a warm smile as you walk into the dx. you have been trying to talk to steve for the last couple of weeks but, he's been avoiding you.

the only place you knew where he would be and couldn't leave was at his job.

steve stands behind the counter next to soda, he never glances up as he continues to fill out some paperwork.

okay he doesn't want to talk but he will sure listen.

"fine steve be that way but, i just came to say this. i don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me and dallas being together. he makes me happy and that's all that matters."

steve glances up now, and soda stares at you, he nods eagerly for you to continue.

"i don't want to ruin our relationship though steve. i love you! you're my big brother, okay. but, if you're not happy for us than i'm okay with you not being there for me anymore."

okay good. this is good. you told him how you felt.

you turn on your heel to leave.

"y/n, wait-"

steve is out from behind the counter- his face and hands covered with dirt probably from working on cars all day.

"i just didn't want you to get hurt by him-" he starts,
"you know how dallas can be, but if he makes you happy like he says he does, i'm cool with it."

you roll you eyes.

"i don't  need your approval steve, but thanks." you smile hugging him close.

"and i'm sorry for pushing you okay, i don't know what got into me,"

"it's okay, i forgive you," you mumble, backing away from his hug.

"well golly, isn't that beautiful? sibling love..." soda says.

you and steve glance at each other before bursting out laughing.