who is maya hart?

Credits: This work was written exclusively by @magicwithineleteo from Tumblr!

Chapter 1: so you tie up your hair and you smile like it's no big deal

"who is maya hart?" she asks as she looks into the mirror.

well, maya hart is in the seventh grade. she has her best friends. riley, her counterpart, the day to her night, the sun to her moon, the lightning to her thunder. farkle, the smartest and sweetest person she knew. she would never admit it to him, but she loves him so much and will do anything to protect him. and, newcomer lucas. are they explicitly friends? no? do they hang out because of riley? yes. does maya find enjoyment in teasing him all the time? absolutely. but it's not a big deal.

maya hart is a cool, confident, rebellious troublemaker who gets detention, dances on teachers' desks, starts a homework rebellion, does whatever she wants and takes nothing from nobody. maya hart knows who she is, and who she isn't.

and there's one thing she isn't, hasn't, and will never be.

weak.

the chances of catching maya hart crying is once in a blue moon. she believes that crying isn't for her. it is a sign of weakness and naivety and innocence, and that's just not who she is.

unless if she has a good enough reason, she will never cry, or at least not in front of anyone else.

she knows who she is.

Chapter 2: you can throw a party full of everyone you know

who is maya hart?" she asks as she looks into the mirror.

maya hart is in the eighth grade, and she has her best friends, riley and farkle. she feels like that

will never change. it's safe to say that lucas and her are friends. but she has feelings for him. she always has. did she ever act on it? never. he's for riley, not for her. but riley doesn't know that she loves lucas like a brother. but maya does, and that epiphany aches inside of her.

she also gained a new friend, zay, who's just like her, bad grades and all.

but she isn't quite the same as she was a year ago. sure, she still did "rebellious" things like sneak out to a college party, but she was maturing. she never gave it a conscious thought. she was just accepting hope (like riley wanted her to), and she was happier.

maya isn't weak and she doesn't cry. she only cried when she learned riley was being bullied. but that's a very valid reason to cry.

she mostly knows who she is.

Chapter 3: a piece of you's dead inside

"who is maya hart?" she asks as she looks into the mirror.

she has no idea. she's in the ninth grade, with her best friends, riley, farkle, zay, and smackle. she knows that she likes lucas and so does riley. but she doesn't know if those feelings exist because she's being riley, or if they came from deep within herself.

she became riley. she's not maya hart anymore, not the one riley knows. she gets good grades and dresses differently. she's not maya hart. she's riley, and that's not her.

so, she goes with riley upstate to find herself. and it partially works. she's back in her edgy, cheap clothing, that were drenched in pessimism and covered in the broken pieces from the former version of maya hart.

but clothes hardly make a difference, because she's still internally riley.

it's not until she spray paints hope onto a public park that she's a little more secure in herself.