Phoenix finally caved after the third day of nothing and demands to speak to Harry. Hermione and Ron just stared at him for a long moment, not recognising their friend. Something had switched inside of Phoenix. He hadn't been friends with Harry for awhile, but the love was still present in his eyes.. but now.. his eyes were dark with fury. Hatred even. It was clear that Harry had lost Phoenix for good. 

"He's with Ginny." Hermione speaks up after a short while, "They're getting rid of the book.. the one with the spell he used.." She gulps nervously, avoiding looking at him, "To attack Draco."

"He really didn't know what the spell did." Ron adds hurriedly.

Phoenix scoffs, "Even more reason not to have used it."

The following day Phoenix receives the news that Draco is awake. He rushes from the common room, bumping quite literally into Harry, Ron and Hermione. The first thing he notices is that Harry is glowing. He's furious at himself for noticing that first. Harry is just smiling at him, warmly and friendly as if nothing had ever gone wrong. Phoenix feels his heart tugging in his chest as he looks at his smile.

"Hi." Harry beams cheerfully with a small nod, "I've just got to go to Hagrids-"

"What? Harry! No? We said-"

"I just have a really good feeling about Hagrids tonight! Do you know what I mean?"

"Um no?" Ron and Hermione admit at the same time, frowning at each other in disbelief as Harry bounces off out the door.

Phoenix stares after him, obvious confusion written across his face.

"It's liquid luck." Ron explains.

Phoenix shrugs. It's not of his business, he doesn't care what Harry Potter is up to anymore. He hates Harry Potter more than anything and anyone in the entire world.

"How's Draco?" Hermione whispers, the name getting caught in her throat.

"Fine." Phoenix says, "He's awake now. I'm going down to see him."

"Are you still dating Theo?" Hermione questions curiously.

Phoenix shrugs, "We're not dating just shagging."

"How does it..nevermind." Ron frowns receiving a harsh elbow to the ribs from Hermione.

"We miss you Phoenix." Hermione says softly, "I do hope you're doing okay."

Phoenix doesn't answer straightaway, the truth was he missed his friends terribly. He can still feel how it used to be but so much time had passed, he doubts it would ever be the same again, especially with Harry still around. Hermione sits in a seat in the common room, waiting expectantly. Phoenix doesn't really know why he's compelled to open up, he just wants them back.

"I'll be fine Mione.." Phoenix whispers back eventually, "Just.. feeling a bit lost I suppose.. don't really know how to.. keep going sometimes."

"We're still your friends, mate." Ron mumbles, "I know you blame Harry but.."

"I know." Phoenix breathes, "I know it's not his fault, but it's easier to blame him. Easier to push him away than-"

"Admit you're in love with him." Hermione finishes like answering a question in class.

Phoenix blinks at her. Hermione was the smartest witch their age and she thought he was in love with Harry? He had been once, but that had ended when Harry got Zion killed. It had been further confirmed when Harry nearly killed his cousin. He hated Harry Potter.

Before he could protest and explain, Harry returns in a rush spluttering and panicking as he stares at his two friends.

"It worked! I'm leaving with Dumbledore in the night-" He abruptly stops as he notices Phoenix.