I Remember

"Do you know what day it is Lawliet?" I asked, hoping he remembered. I remember. I couldn't ever forget it.

"I believe it's the day we need to get groceries," he joked as he finished his pancakes. (Those pancakes made me so hungry when I wrote them lmao)
"I will, don't worry. Actually though, do you remember?" I asked, really hoping he did.
"Of course I remember. Today's the fifth anniversary of the day you saved my life." He looked at me with his big, dark eyes.
"That's right!" I laughed. He remembered! I zoned out, remembering that day.

     We knew Light Yagami was Kira, we just needed evidence

We knew Light Yagami was Kira, we just needed evidence. We stood on the roof of task force headquarters, where Light had learned L's name in the pouring rain. (I know this is not at all how it works in canon but I do not care, my AU I do it how I want)

I knew it was going to happen soon. I knew that Light was going to take action against us any day now. I didn't know it would be so soon, but I knew.

"I am Kira, L! You were right, and now I'll kill you both!" Light laughed maniacally. I gave a small smirk, knowing that I already won. He wouldn't kill us.

Not with a false Death Note.

I had replaced the Death Note I found with a fake one. It was an exact copy, and nobody would be able to tell the difference. I even made sure to search Light for pieces of the Death Note and replaced those while he was sleeping.

I wasn't even scared by Ryuk. That's only because I had seen him before. I'd only seen him before because I was the previous owner of Light's Death Note.

However, that past was behind me. People knew I used to own it, and they also know I didn't hurt a soul with it. They don't mind, because I'm not Kira. They don't mind, because I am a helpful asset to the case.

But now, standing in front of me, was Kira. The man who planned to kill the love of my life. My hair sopping wet, I watched as he turned to an empty page of the notebook. I only grinned as he took his pen and wrote our names.

He checked his watch.
37,
38,
39,
40.

I laughed.
"You really think you can outsmart L and I? We are the greatest detective team, and you think a measly college student could outsmart us? You though wrong, Light Yagami! Or should I say, Kira?"

I waved my hand, signaling for the police to arrest him. He was quickly swarmed, and soon he was held in handcuffs.

"What? How?" He demanded. His voice hardly carried in the downpour, but I still heard him. I looked over at L. His shirt was soaked, sticking to his chest. No time to gush over him now. His eyes were wide with confusion, so I thought it would be good to explain it to him and Light.

"I replaced your Death Note with an exact copy, and every page you had on your person was also replaced! I knew you were Kira, so it was necessary to take some precautions to keep ourselves and the task force alive," I explained.
"Isn't that right, L?" I turned to him. Thankfully he caught my hint.
"Yes of course. We only did what was needed to make sure you were brought to justice. Now, Light, I'm sure in any other situation we could've been good friends, but unfortunately you must be punished by law. You will be executed as soon as possible."