Chapter 8

"Rowan, your mum is here," Jessie called as she went to the door.

I pulled my shirt over my shoulders quickly buttoning it up before shoving some wax into my hair and applying like half a bottle of hairspray. I grabbed my phone and hopped down stairs. I seen my family sitting in the living room with Jessie.

"Hey guys, did you find your way easy enough?" I asked them, giving them all a hug before picking Lexi up and holding her in my arms, she really was getting big.

"Yeah, it was easy enough to find," dad smiled.

"It's really beautiful," my mum complimented.

"Here, let me show you around. I finished decorating last week," I told her. I took the four of them around the apartment, showing them every room. They seemed to like the place.

"Rowan, it looks great," Lacey told me. I smiled. I was pretty proud of the place.

"Thanks," I replied. "How's Peter?" I wondered.

Lacey sighed. "He's in Birmingham for two weeks. He has a training course for mechanics."

"That's good, at least he will be able to look after you properly," I said.

"You know, he still wants to get to know you," Lacey told me.

"Well, once you both can get some time off work perhaps we can sort something out for summer," I decided.

"That'd be nice," she smiled hugging me. I missed spending time with my sister.

~

We sat around in the living room catching up. My mum was asking me what I did while I was away and dad was telling me how he had been to see a Newcastle United game. He was a Magpie through and through, so it was easy to see where I got it from. Jessie came back down the stairs and sat on my knee.

"Do you want to go somewhere fancy for dinner, my treat?" She asked all of us.

"That would be nice," my mum agreed.

"Let's do it," I smiled, pecking Jessie on the lips.

"I guess we should all get ready then," Jessie grinned.

"I'll sort Lexi, since our bathroom won't be free for the next 5 hours," I joked, earning hearty cackles from everyone.

The next two hours were spent with everyone fussing around trying to find the best top they had packed. I don't know how long Lacey thought she was staying for. She was going home on Sunday. I put Lexi into her little pink summer dress and white sandals before packing a changing bag. I sat on the sofa talking to her.

"I missed you Chelsea," she yawned.

"I missed you too baby. Did you have fun without me?" I responded.

"No. Everyone was sad," Lexi replied.

"Yeah, I know," I sighed.

"But I think they are happy now your back," she whispered.

I didn't respond to what she had said. I didn't really know what to say. Cameron was never really brought up anymore because the wounds were still fresh. He was like salt and it sung if much was said but I knew the wound would slowly scab ever and the salt wouldn't be an issue soon. I was glad because we would be able to talk about him then. And Lexi would get to know who her big brother was. That was the saddest part now. I looked down at her realising that she had gone over to sleep. I lifted her slowly placing her in her buggy allowing her to sleep before running up stairs to get changed. When I say changed I really only meant change my shirt.

Soon we were all looking well and ready to go. Jessie helped Lacey get ready and she looked great. Since Lexi was still asleep in the pram we decided to walk the 10 minutes it would take us to get into town. I pushed her pram and Jessie linked her arm with mine. I smiled. It didn't take us long to get to the restaurant where Jessie had booked a table and we were lead to our seats. After ordering we did some more catching up because I hadn't seen my parents in so long.

"Mum, Rowan said I could come over this summer with Peter," Lacey smiled.

"That was kind," dad spoke.

"But don't think I'll be letting you away with any hanky panky," I smirked.

"Rowan," Jessie chuckled, earning me an elbow to the rib.

"She doesn't get away with it at home that's for sure," dad assured me. I could hear the sternness in his voice. "None of my children shall."

"Yeah, because we all knew Row was an angel," mum smirked.

"I was," I insisted.

"Oh we knew what you were up to," my mum cackled, my father frowned.

"So, how's the weather in Ireland?" I asked changing the subject causing everyone to laugh again and the lighthearted chatter continued.

"So what is your next steps then, what are you going to do now?" Dad asked me.

"I'm going to throw my CV into a few gyms and dance studios and see what comes up," I told him.

"She has a job," Jessie smiled.

"Oh really?" My mum asked.

"Yeah, I have to shoot a new music video so she's going to choreograph it and be in it for me," Jessie revealed.

"First I've heard of it," I giggled.

"You'll do it though?" Jessie pleaded. "I loved tour so much and I think it will be great."

"I mean I have to check with my PA just to make sure I haven't got any other celebrities after my ass but- Ouch!" I jumped from Jessie's small punch. "Of course I will. I'd love to." I smiled.

"Thank you," Jessie mirrored my facial expressions.

I kissed her lips slowly. The kiss was short because of the fact that my parents were here but I showed her entirely how thankful I was. I rested my hand on her thigh as we waited for our food.

"It's great to see you two together again. You both suit each other," my mum smiled.

I grinned. I loved being with Jessie. I just loved being with everyone I loved. As we sat having a nice meal I couldn't help but think how grateful I was. Things were finally looking up again.