Chapter 12:Family dinner

We all sat down at the huge table that ran through the whole room.
I sat next to Lucienne and auntie Tee sat by me.
"So you know your Spanish?" Uncle zee asked me.
"Sí e italiano" I smirk. (Yes and Italian)
"I have the smartest granddaughter" grandma squealed.
Just then 10 waiters came in with different dishes of food.
I was starving I hadn't eaten much today mainly because I was too stressed.
The waiter put down a plate of shrimp in front I was about to take a bite but then I saw shellfish. I immediately put my fork down.
I didn't eat but I didn't want to say anything to draw attention.

"Your not eating" grandpa says from the other side of the table.
"I can't eat it" I say little and small.

"Why?" Marco furrowed his brows.

"I'm allergic to shellfish" I state.

Antonio stops eating and picked up the plate at once.
I think he was going to ask for something else.

"Pumpkin I had no idea" dad says with a sorry look.

"No no don't be I should have said" I smiled lightly.

I looked over to see grandad throwing deathly stares at me.
He's just like Valentino when we first met I hope he warms up to me.

After dinner, everyone was talking about some boring family stuff.

So I decided to explore... like always. And then I get in trouble but oh well.

Giovanni's pov:

I see princess get up and leave the room. I think she just went to the bathroom. So I carried on talking to Diego about cars.

I check my watch to see it's been 10 minutes since I last seen Alexia and I should probably check on her.

I went to the toilet to see they were empty that's odd.

I ask a waiter if they had seen her. They says she was here 10 minutes ago.
Oh no.
I go back into the dining area and tell dad and
Antonio that she's gone.
Somehow grandma heard and told the whole room creating a big mess. Now everyone was in panic mode.

"have you tried ringing her?" Dad asked in concern.
I shake my head "no"

Valentino grabs his phone and gives her a ring. She answers thank goodness.

"Hello?" She answers sounding fragile and cute.

"Where are you" Valentino questions her.

"I'm upstairs getting fresh air you need to come up here the view is amazing"

He ends the call and tells everyone to follow him upstairs.

This will be fun since no one knows where we are going and they will enjoy it.
I always loved going to the rooftop it always calmed me. Probably why princess is up there too.

We reach the top and everyone looks confused.

I open the door and see princess looking over the balcony watching over New York City in awe.

"Sorry I didn't mean to cause you any panic" she sighs.

"It's okay piccola as long as your safe" Elijah says while pulling me into a hug.

"The view up here is amazing" uncle Thomas said and everyone agreed.

We stay up there for another 20 minutes before heading home.

Alexia's pov:

Everyone gets out there cars and head inside. We all go to sit in the living room.
Grandma pulled a gift out her bag. "I have been waiting forever to give my granddaughter this, I bought it when you was little but before I could give it to you. You were taken from us" she sobbed hard.
I gave her a big hug and kiss.

"Yes her mom took her away and kept her to herself now look" grandpa snarled.

This made me mad.
No one talks about my mom like that.

"Excuse me grandpa I know I'm supposed to respect you. But right now I'm finding it very hard so please keep comments like that to yourself and before you say anything else no I'm not that helpless girl you think I am. Don't talk about my mother like that ever again" I try to walk away.

"Your mother is a liar and a cheat" Grandad says.

I turn back around. I see nothing but red.

"Everyone lies if your telling me you don't lie then your not even human and a cheat yea sure a lot of people make mistakes whatever. My mother was the best mother out there and you will not understand the sacrifices we made for each other. Oh and I think I figured out why you don't like me..." I argue my point.
"alexia" dad interrupted.

"You don't like me because I'm not used to this lifestyle and you think I can't protect myself and I'm causing problems and I'm here for money or something. I'm trying my hardest to respect you but I can't do that because YOU CAN'T EVEN RESPECT ME " I go off.

Then grandpa stood up clapping his hands laughing.

Everyone looked confused except grandma who stood there rolling her eyes and also laughing.

He pulled me in for a tight hug and told me "it was a test to see if you would fight for your family and clearly you passed that test with flying colours"
"Oh"
"Your a strong young lady and I will be looking forward to getting to know my granddaughter. Your absolutely beautiful" grandad beams a bright smile.

"What about us?"
"Yea we've known you longer"
I hear from around the room.

"You have never made me this proud and personally my granddaughter has always been my favourite child" grandad says whilst side hugging me.

Grandma pulls a necklace out the bag and put it on my neck.
"It's beautiful" I hug them both.