1.29|Sacrifice Play

[The Queen turns again. Both Ron and Maddie study the game.]
Madelyn: Wait a minute.

Ron: You understand right, Maddie. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King.

Madelyn: No, Ron! No!

Hermione: What is it?

Madelyn: He's going to sacrifice himself!

Hermione: No, Ron, you can't! [Ron closes his eyes.] There must be another way!

Ron: [turns to face Hermione.] Do you want to stop Snape or not? Maddie, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you. [Maddie nods.] Knight...to H-3.

[Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops.]

Ron: Check.

[The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.]

Ron: Ahhhh!

Madelyn: RON! [Hermione starts walking to him.] NO! Don't move! Dont forget, we're still playing. [Hermione moves back. Maddie walks the diagonal in front of the King.] Checkmate. [The Kings sword falls onto the ground victory. Maddie breathes out and then the two run to Ron. They bend beside him.] Take care of Ron and Skyler. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...I have to go on.

Hermione: You'll be okay, Maddie. You're a great witch, you really are.

Madelyn: Not as good as you.

Hermione: [smile] Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Maddie, just be careful.

"Awww, I love your guys friendship!"

[Maddie nods and stands, walking away.]

——————————♥︎——————————

A/N

Sorry this chapter is short again! These ones are getting shorter!

-18/6/2022

~Lia