Chapter 1 ~ Going Where?

Badlands - Near Snakewater, Montana

"Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler, we're ready to try again." Spoke to a man typing away on the computer.

"I hate computers." A man in his late thirties clearly grumpy, he had a brown hat, red scarf, blue buttoned shirt, blue clearly dirty jeans, and brown boots.

A blonde woman next to him giggles spending snarky, "The feeling's mutual!"

She was seemed to be in hear thirties as she wore tan shorts, black, blue tank top, and pink over shirt. Close to them they watched as a machine gets load with a lead bullet that a small girl with red hair girl no older then 8 approaching it clearly inserted  in the machine. Causing Dr. Grant to become angry at that as many looked at her in worry. He yelled out to her, "Aura! Come over her before you get hurt!" 

The girl head quickly turned away from it looking at him yelling back, "Yes, Uncle Alan!"

With that she ran towards him showing she was wearing a light blue jean jumper, with a white dinosaur shirt underneath, white socks, and pink shoes with dinosaurs on them, and her hair pulled back into a ponytail. She smiled up at him and Dr. Settler only for Alan to nod at the man. He nodded back as he blasts the bullet into the ground. 

"You'll get a reading out of that." The tech guy told the two doctors.

Dr. Settler patted Aura's head that looks at her with a smile before a women in the crowed asked, "Did it work?"

Sattler the asked the tech guy, "How long does it usually take?"

The Tec guy continued to furiously clicking on knobs telling them, "Should bring immediate return. Shoot the radar into the ground, and the bone bounces the image - back. Bounces it back..."

The computer reveals a velociraptor skeleton and he smiled up at them telling the doctors, "This new program's incredible. A few more years development and we won't even have to dig anymore."

Alan then asked confused, "Where's the fun in that?"

Not done he turns back to the computer telling them, "It's a little distorted, but I don't think it's the computer."

Dr. Sattler starts talking about the skeleton, "Look. Post-mortem contraction of the posterior neck ligaments. Velociraptor?"

Alan then goes to explain and touches the screen only for it to flicker making him stop, "Yes. Good shape, too. It's five... six feet high. I'm guessing nine feet long. Look at the extraordinary--"

Man yells at the doctor asking and working to try and fix it, "What'd you do?"

Ellie tells him with a laugh, "He touched it! Dr. Grant's not machine compatible!" 

Alan goes to touches the top hood of the computer experimentally. It flickers again making him mutter, "Hell, they've got it in for me. And look at the half-moon shaped bones in the wrists. No wonder these guys learned how to fly."

People laugh around him listen especial a small girl with red hair in a pony tail, white dinosaur colored shirt and blue over overalls, pinks shoes with dinosaur pattern on the side. She was listen to him internally as the he turned to the group of people as Alan continued, "No, seriously! Alright, maybe dinosaurs have more in common with present-day birds than they do with reptiles. Look at the pubic bones. Turned backwards, just like a bird. Look at the vertebrae, full of air sacks and hollows, just like a bird. And even the word 'Raptor' means, bird of prey--"

A young male voice called out, "That doesn't look very scary."

One of the man said in shock, "That kid's a pistol..."