⤰ ᄃΉΛPƬΣЯ VIII

Start from the beginning

"This land didn't accept my friends, but the sea did," James simply shrugged.

"There's more to that," Marlene guessed but left him be. She turned to look at Mirit, "Then they must know everything."

Mirit gave her a warning look, which made Marlene gasp. "They're hostages?!" 

"Well, not the royalties," Mirit shrugged one shoulder. "But these dufuses? Yeah." 

"Lily has never had a hostage." 

"Things change when The Marauding lands beside you after a storm," shrugged Mirit as if she was the captain. "Sometimes, you have to strike first before they strike you." 

"We wouldn't have struck," James muttered. 

"I'm pretty sure Black alone would have trapeze over to us and told us to surrender," Mirit visualized. 

"And then later, he would have made an act of fainting from the women's beauty," James continued. 

"Or because of that silly old myth about women on board," Frank added. He mocked Sirius Black's voice excellently, "I tell you, Poseidon was mad!"

That cracked a smile on people's faces. 

"So, are we going to check on her?" James pointed to the door the redhead was surely hiding behind. 

"You want to try, go ahead, but I'd say wait a little longer," Marlene slid down the stairs. "Maybe she'd knock her own senses and come out on her own. It's not the first time."

"What'd you do the other times?" he asked. 

"Wait," the prince replied, which turned all eyes on him. "What?! It's not my first time either and Marlene can verify that!" 

"I'm a Secret Keeper," she shrugged. "I'm sworn to secrecy." 

"More like mysteriousness," muttered Mirit, following the blond to the mini kitchen for any sort of rum she could find. Just like Thora Webb, Mirit Clover did not go down easily with alcohol. 

⊱⊰ ⊱⊰ ⊱⊰

When it seemed like it has gone too long, when in reality it had only been two hours, James Potter decided to knock on the door. If you thought that it was the first time for him to knock, then you are certainly wrong. It was the sixteenth time he knocked on that door. 
James Hayward Potter was not really the patient kind of guy, or pirate if we may. 

"I think you've been in there long enough, Evans! How about you share with the group what you're thinking?" 

"The Red Cap that I know prefers to work alone," Marlene smirked from her crisscrossed-leg position on a nearby table.

To everyone's surprise, the door opened. 
"You're lucky that I was busy or else I would have opened the door and cut off your hands." 

"From the first knock or from the tenth?" he asked, looking down at her with a small smirk just to spite her. 

She didn't hesitate to slap him before addressing the two women that were a part of her crew. 
"So, I've figured where we're going." 

"Willy Nilly here told me the line he heard running around the alleys," Marlene pointed to the prince. "I've come up with a few places that match the description." 

"Well, the place is Trunne," the redhead announced, her voice filled with confidence. "Treasure Marove is in Trunne. I'm sure." 

"But, how does that match the line?" the prince questioned. "The tea from the tunnel doesn't mark the spot, but the reef with no double does." 

"The tea from the tunnel doesn't mark the spot," Lily recited. "Remember a year ago when people were convinced TM was in the tea-rich island Cam-Kay? It is filled with tunnels. Trunne is an island famous for its nearby reef. Rumor says that no two mermaids look the same." 

"Makes sense," James agreed only because he was familiar with those facts, which reassured his mate. 

"Is that where we're heading Cap?" William asked. 

"Not you," Lily and Alice said simultaneously. 

"Darn it." 

"You keep your ass on this land, not one foot out," Alice warned. Her brother raised his hands in surrender. 

"So, Trunne it is?" Mirit just wanted confirmation. 

"Trunne," her captain nodded. 

"Are you sure?" a woman came out, of what honestly seemed like the blue.

"Who are you?" 

"Everyone, this is Emmeline Vance," Marlene hopped off the table and went to the girl with enchanting emerald eyes. "She ran away from bastards, and here we are." 

"Are we sure of what?" Lily asked. 

"Trunne. They say sirens fill the place." 

"Well, good think sirens affect men only." 

"Any siren could affect any mortal, even if that mortal is scornful and thinks they could possess the world." 

"I'm much humbler than him," Lily pointed the finger at James. 

"Oi!" 

"Just... be careful. My father died on a ship heading to Trunne and the only thing they told us was that they were fated with the sirens' attack." 

"I'll tie us up if I have to. Sirens are only near the island, not on it." 

"Don't underestimate the voice of a willer," Emmeline Vance headed them with one final, meaningful, warning. 

⊱⊰ ⊱⊰ ⊱⊰

Lily Verity Evans was sitting on a couch under the Tonks family's roof. She was playing with a little girl who had just came back from her teacher's nearby house. The redhead was dreading telling the little girl about the dangerous mission.

"Is this a final goodbye?" Nymphadora asked when the news was broken to her. 

"Take it as..." the redhead tried to figure out the best words to say. "How about you take it as a 'we'll meet again'." 

"We'll meet again," Nymphadora Tonks put out her pinky finger, which the redhead wrapped her own around. 

"We'll meet again," the redhead said with a sad smile. "In some sort of way. "

Andromeda Tonks watched from afar, knowing what that meant. She really didn't want to think of worst-case scenarios, but she hoped the redhead would come back alive. 

⊱⊰ ⊱⊰ ⊱⊰

The redhead rode the Red Dragon with Frank Longbottom, James Potter, Mirit Clover, and one more person behind her. There were whispers - from both the Red Dragon crew and The Marauding crew - going on and the redhead silenced them with one shout from her eagle. 

"Thank you, Tawny!" Lily shouted up before addressing everyone on her ship. "Now, how about you lead us to Trunne? Snows, take the wheel!" 

"Aye, aye, Cap!" both women nodded, heading to their stations. 

People questioned both the island and the blond woman. And nobody dared to question their captain or her motives. So, nobody talked to Marlene McKinnon, which was boring her out. Marlene honestly thanked people like Nyra Patil, who was open to conversations with new people. 

"So, you are the famous disguise creator." 

"How else can one sneak around without a good disguise?" Nyra Patil winked. 

⊱⊰ ⊱⊰ ⊱⊰ 

So, I'll admit this wasn't edited that much because I wanted to post it ASAP. Anywho, hope you enjoyed the eighth chapter of this tale. Let's just say the story is coming closer and closer to its end...

Until next time, mateys!