One More Minute / Oneshot

One of the many nights Brooke and Apollo tried to escape from the government's agents...

"You have to eat something. Your wounds are not going to heal if you don't put some food in your system." Apollo comfort her to eat an apple as she was looking at the stars under a big oat tree.

"Do you know how many times I said that it would be better to give myself up to the government and save billions of people?" she said

"You are not going to do that" Apollo said

"The last five years I have been running from everything unstoppably. Although, there's no cure for me, no hope, no physical touching, nothing. I have to always be careful to not touch someone I love. Or you." she said

"Do you know when my last hug was?" she continued "Five years ago, in my parents house, Minnesota, my mom came home from work and she hugged me. I shoud've appreciated that hug more back then"

Apollo didn't know what to say. He started looking at the stars too.

"To everyone, I'm an infection. Contagious and deadly. But they forget I'm just a girl who wants her life back... I know I am being selfish but I am just tired... I'm tired of everyone to be afraid of me" she said and she looked down.

"I'm not afraid of you. I trust you" he whispered.

They stared to each other's eyes and Brooke understood what Apollo was trying to say.

"Apollo...no... don't...You don't deserve it"

"Nor do you. Brooke, you shouldn't have been going through this alone in the first place. Please..." he whispered and smiled

He stood up and nod me to do the same. He came closer to me and hugged me like no one else did for the past few years. He hugged me so gently and for the first time in a long time I felt safe. An overwhelming wave of joy appeared into my eyes and I started crying.

"I am so sorry Apollo" Brooke said with tears in her eyes.

"It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. You spent so much time alone when you just wanted someone to be with you in this." Apollo said

"Just one more minute" Brooke said

"Don't worry. I'm not leaving you" he said and she smiled.