"Y/n what's going on?" Steve whispers, as he follows slowly behind you.

"I just need to make sure there's no one in here" you explain, looking through every room, before stepping inside.

Then you walk into your bedroom, Nick is laying on the bed, badly injured.

You rush to his side, checking on his wound. While Steve stays in the doorway.

"What happened to him?" Steve asks nervously.

You and Nick hushes at him, as you take out you phone writing on your notes, tossing the phone to him.

They're listening

Steve looks up at you, slightly scared of what's going on. He writes a message, tossing the phone back to you.

Who's listening?

"I'm so sorry to come unannounced, but I had no where else to crash" Fury says softly. As he grabs your phone typing on your phone.

SHIELD compromised.

"You know you can always come to me"

Steve looks at you worriedly, as you clean Fury's wound on his lower arm. Smiling softly at him.

"Who else knows" Steve mouths to you. You look over at Fury as he types another message. Slowly getting up from your bed.

The three of us.

Steve shakes his head, this was definitely not the type of thing he expected when you drove off a few hours earlier.

"Why didn't you crash somewhere else" Steve scoffs. Clearly annoyed by all the secrecy.

"I had no other-"

Suddenly a loud gunshot fires, hitting you in the shoulder. And throwing Fury down to the ground, as multiple bullets hit him in the back.

He screams in pain, as you jump to the floor, laying on top of him. Hoping to shield from the bullets. Feeling as they go right through you. Steve freezes for a moment, unable to move, as he sees the massive bleeding, unsure if it comes from you or Fury.

Steve helps you up on your feet, swinging you up over his shoulder, as he pulls Fury away, with his one free arm. He seeks cover in the kitchen, gently putting you down. As the shock wears off.

"Steve Call an ambulance" you say as quietly as you can in between your panicked breaths. "Now"

Steve nods understandingly, calling an ambulance.

You look down at yourself, watching as the wounds slowly close on their own, your shirt covered in gun holes and blood. Fury grabs your hand, as you kneel down before him. Trying to stay strong.

"You're going to be fine.. you hear me" you whimper quietly. "Focus on me Nick please"

He grabs something from his pocket, pulling you closer towards him. "Trust no one" he whispers to you, handing you a USB drive.

Suddenly the door gets kicked open, as a woman with a gun walks in. You've seen her before. Around the apartment building.

"Who are you?" You ask coldly. Pulling out a gun, pointing it towards her.

Steve rushes in, standing by your side.

"I'm agent 13 of SHIELD special service. I've been assigned to protect you" she explains, putting down the gun.

"By who?" You ask confused.

She walks into the kitchen, watching Nicks body on the floor, as he struggles to keep breathing.