The tides of war

POV Yukiya Haruna

"I'm back!!" is the first thing Luffy exclaims as he lands after punching the giant marine he lands right next to me as the Okamas rally behind us waiting to help him move forwards. "Hey Strawhat if you were aiming to get there attention I think you succeeded!" One of the Okamas says, looking forward to the wall of marines waiting in front of us.

"My my they have boxed us in Fu fu fu" I giggled out looking at the marines circling us. It was an easy matter for me to get rid of all of them, but that would have to wait. " Do not let the foremost group advance any further, hold them off and put that rookie in the ground!" Sengoku announced over the speakers causing everyone to start charging at each other.

Clashing both Marines and Pirates alike falling to the ground one after another I almost pitied them if not for the fact the only reason I'm here is to help Luffy reach his goal. It is only fair to help him after he sets me free from prison. "Luffy I'll be heading in first to clear a path for you" I yell towards the rubber boy unsheathing my sword.

Using my devil fruit ability I enhance my legs causing me too shoot forwards past Luffy and the Okamas destroying the ground I once stood on in the process "Demon sword technique: sun's rays" I yell charging my haki into my odachi's blade with quick movements I make multiple slashes leaving nothing, but a thin red line to show I had moved at all my movements may have been fast, but they were gentle just like the sun's rays.

After landing I sheath my sword and continue onward to clear a path not looking back at the carnage I had left in the wake of my last move, bodies littered the ground. All the Marines that had once surrounded us were nothing but bloody corpses that speckled the battlefield.

I did not wait for Luffy to catch up. I needed to speed things up for him otherwise Ace might not make it, I cannot let these small fries get in my way towards my goal so for now I'll ignore all the chatter in the background and focus on moving forward. " You all need to get out of my way or you'll regret it" I threaten the enemies in front of me leaking killing intent to make sure they know I mean business, not realising that even though I was clearing the way some big contenders where behind me causing trouble and slowing down Luffy's progress.

"I cannot believe what I'm seeing how many Kuma's are there" I could not comprehend the sight before me why was there an ungodly amount of kuma's wreaking havoc, not only that but Luffy had been stopped by none-other than Kizaru 'man I really can't deal with all this.' I thought looking at the mess that had left my attention when I tried to push forwards.

Without much choice I had to go back to clear the admiral from Luffy's path through Jimbei was there I could not leave it up to him with how injured he already was not wanting to wasted any more time I transform fully into my Oni form (the pick above) and aim my haki covered fist straight for Kizaru. As my punch went to land the bastard turned into light and dodged out of the way " GO LUFFY I'LL KEEP HIM BUSY YOU TAKE EVERYONE AND KEEP MOVING FORWARDS" I can't help, but smile while yelling this as he does not hesitate to keep going on with the help of the whitebeard pirates and Jimbei by his side.

"My my my... what do we have here... former crewmate of Gold D Roger... Yukiya the Oni its has been a long time neee" Kizaru speaks in his slow tone mocking me trying to get a raise out of me, but no I am not that weak. "Fu fu Kizaru your right it has been a long time, but unfortunately for you I am now your opponent now!" I smirk while saying this I did not want to give this man time to use his devil fruit.

"Demon sword technique: Petal blizzard, as I say this I move my odachi summoning in a flurry of sakura petals, grasping it I swing it in a ark above my head while coating it in haki to create a strong wind that send the sakura petals flying straight towards Kizaru, they flew like bullets out of a gun with speed Kzaru tries his best to dodge all of them using his ability, but even he could not help being caught by some of the petals in his attempt to not get injured.

"My my... you certainly have not lost your touch" he said while preparing his attack spreading his arms out to summoning balls of light to litter the sky as he aimed for me, seeing this I run straight towards him secretly coating my leg with haki making sure I held my sword like I was going to swing it at him.

Kizaru saw this and released his attack by pointing towards me, not wanting to waste too much time. I continue on my path letting the light beams hit me, puncturing through my body as I run. When I reached him he was shocked. I had appeared next to him wounded as I was from his attack.

Using this I send my leg to kick his stomach as hard as I could using my Oni strength, I launch the man back towards the execution platform. This caused everyone to go silent in both amazement and dread as the Admiral slammed into the lower platform breaking it apart with a bang.

"DON'T STAND STILL YOU IDIOTS THEY'RE GOING TO RAISE THE WALLS SOON RUN!!" I scream at them breaking the daze they were all in. I knew this show of power would encourage them to push further towards Ace, I also knew the Navy would pull some trick from up their sleeve and if they push the walls up it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. It really didn't take them long to do as I said the pirates were still fighting while the Marines raised their walls and that bastard Akainu was ordered to attack.

Sending lava into the sky fiery fists rained down on the battlefield destroying both Marines and pirates alike without discrimination, only those who were unlucky enough to get in the way of the attack. " I can't stay here for too long or I'll get hit" I whispered to myself while I tried to stop the bleeding from Kizaru's attack 'I can handle this my abilities will heal this' convincing myself I moved myself seeing if I could find Luffy in all this mess.

Upon spotting him being thrown by on of the lava fists I sped up through the now melting ice to see if I could get him, not knowing that my dear old friend had it all covered with one simple swing of his fist using his devil fruit to crack the air in front of him sending a shock wave across the war zone blowing the soldiers away and denting a wall panel. "how is it still standing after a shot from pops, what is that thing made of!" I heard a random Whitebeard pirate say in astonishment.

"Alright let's hit them where it really hurts!" Akinu the asshole sends more attacks raining down towards the moby dick I could not move in time to stop it so I watch as my old friend's magnificent ship goes up in flames. "Goodbye to you dear friend" I can't help but say as I watch it burn.

I get the feeling like this is an omen for the end of an era!