But after his grandparents passed away in a car accident twelve years ago, the New Year would only remind the family of them and no one would be in the mood to celebrate. Since then, the New Year was spent just like any other day.

So many years had passed and he was once again looking forward to the Spring Festival. He believed that with Mo Di by his side, this Spring Festival would be the same as when he was a kid– warm and unforgettable.

Because they only had a few days of break, the participants were not the only ones enduring the long journey to visit their family, Mo Er Qian also decided to come back for a short vacation.

The confidential project he was involved in had finally ended and he immediately applied for a weekend leave to go home.

And it was only half an hour before his boarding time that his superior received his email requesting for a transfer.

If it was approved, Mo Er Qian would be hired as a professor back at his Alma Mater and not have to be cooped up in a place where it took eighty years for any news of the Mo family to reach him. 

Especially when his sister was hurt and he was not there to protect her. This was what he could not tolerate.

Mo Er Qian returning home was something everyone in the Mo family was looking forward to, except those in jail of course.

Second Aunt Mo waited at the airport with tears in her eyes. Her second son was locked up, her husband was an idiot who doted on his niece more than their sons and her youngest son was no better off, taking Mo Liu Gui’s side whenever he could. Mo Er Qian was the only one she could depend on, her only hope.

Her Er Qian was the most promising out of all the grandchildren in the Mo family. No one could match up to his intelligence. Once he came back, everything would be better, definitely better!

Maybe with his diplomatic connections, he could get San Zhi out of jail early. After all, he was a renowned expert and scholar, his home country should at least give him some face, shouldn’t they? If they couldn’t even do this for her family, she would let Er Qian serve foreign nations and make them regret it!

Mo Liu Gui was also rushing to the airport. She left the set in a hurry and still had her makeup on.

With the debut of the movie Silence, she had managed to gain some popularity and was invited to take part in several TV dramas and variety shows.

From a showbiz standpoint, any form of popularity, whether good or bad, was worthy of publicity! In the entertainment industry, what should be feared wasn’t a bad reputation but having no reputation at all. This was also the reason why many artists deliberately spread their own scandals to promote themselves. Once they were popular, they could slowly wash white their reputation.

Mo Liu Gui had not only received the role of a second female lead in an ancient costume series but also a live variety show. Both of which would be arranged after the New Year.

The moment Mo Er Qian came out, everyone from the Mo family saw him. How could they not when he was surrounded by macho foreign bodyguards in suits?

Mo Liu Gui jumped up and waved a white scarf at him. Her eyes were slightly red and she called to him, “Second brother, second brother!!!”

Mo Er Qian spotted her immediately. He had on a gentle smile and sped straight towards her, ignoring his tearful mother who was about to pounce on him. When he was within her reach, Mo Liu Gui ran to him and gave him a hug.

“Second brother, I missed you, I missed you so much!” Mo Liu Gui said with a slight choke in her voice. She held onto Mo Er Qian’s waist and buried her face into his cashmere coat. “I missed you so much, did you miss me? It’s been so long since you came to visit Xiao Gui.”