"jesus christ you look like shit wheeler." he sighed, putting mike's other arm around his shoulder and his own arm on the other side of his waist as we helped him up to the road.

"dustin get in the car." i instructed as we reached that sweet, sweet asphalt.

"yes ma'am." he nodded, crawling into the backseat of my baby without another word.

steve and i got mike in and buckled in before the two of us headed for dustin's house.

"Dustin do you wanna go home or stay at our place?" i asked, looking in the rear view.

"i wanna help mike, but i don't know how."

"you don't have to stay if you don't want to, i can take care of him just fine." i forced a small smile.

"i'd like to go home if that's ok." he said after a moment.

"alright, we're almost there so get your stuff ready." i said, pulling up infront of steve's house.

"i'm gonna take these two idiots home, see you at work tomorrow?" i asked, turning to steve.

he nodded, pulled me into a kiss then went into his house.

"alright, you're gonna have to give me directions." i called to the backseat, pulling back out onto the road.

"i'm gonna be sick." mike mumbled from the back.

"not in my car you're not, here." i said, quickly handing him a bag from the glovebox.

"dustin, make sure he doesn't throw up in my car please." i looked in the rear view.

he nodded and helped mike hold the bag to his face.

eventually we pulled up at his house.

"bye Henderson, i'm sorry my brother had to be an ass."

"it's fine winnie, i'll see you tomorrow." he smiled, waving me goodbye.

"as for you, you little shit." i began to speak, turning to face him.

"what?" he mumbled, flopping his head over to look at me while his hands weakly held the bag to his face.

"if you're gonna do drugs, just ask me for help next time? i'd rather not deal with you dying in my backseat again." i said, punching him lightly in the leg.

"no lecture?"

"you're in pain, the lecture can wait until tomorrow."

"when does everything stop looking like a lisa frank folder?" he asked.

"not for a while. go to sleep, i'll carry you inside when we get home. i'll lie to mom and say you threw up at dustin's so i came to pick you up after studying."

"i love you." he mumbled before soft snores took over the noise in the car.

i sighed to myself, pulling out of dustin's driveway and taking us home.

maple street

i pulled up outside our house and checked my watch.

23:16

"mike, we're home." i called, turning to shake his shoulder.

"mike, you gotta wake up." i said, shaking him a bit harder.

he remained out cold.

i sighed to myself and grabbed my bag, getting out and walking to the backseat of the car.

i opened the door and undid his seatbelt, bending down and pulling him over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

i closed the door, locked the car and went inside.

"Hi Win, how was- what happened to Mike?" mom asked, rushing over to us.

"he threw up so he asked me to come pick him up. lucky he left his walkie-talkie in my car. he's out cold though, i'm gonna put him in bed and just let him sleep off the sick."

she nodded.

"night mom." i kissed her cheek and walked upstairs.

i opened mike's door and was repulsed by the smell of teenage boy and the look of clothes scattered everywhere on the floor.

i stepped over pile after pile and dumped him in bed, positioned him to make it look like he had rolled over, and quietly closed the door behind me.

i sighed before going to my own bedroom, dropping my shit down on my desk chair and flopping into bed. i turned off my lamp and closed my eyes, turning my body over as i fell asleep.