Oi, you there?

Hey, you. Yeah, you! Who do you think I mean? Don't point at yourself like that, pinhead! I'm talking to you!

Hi, idiot. My name's Enoch O'Conner. 

What's yours? You know what, I don't care. 

Anyway.

The last few months have been very, very interesting. Mostly because my friend Emma's ex-boyfriend's grandson came to our orphanage. Yeah. Very odd without context, I suppose. Moving on. We fought some wights, battled Caul, banished and killed him, saw the modern world, met Noor, Caul reincarnated, we fought him again. Yes. Very troublesome. Very annoying. 

But, above all of this, one thing reigned above all. One idea. One realization. The fact that I fell in love. With my best friend. Now, I know what you're thinking: "Oh, classic boy falls in love with best friend story, nothing to see here!"

No. 

They're not just any best friend. They're someone I'd known all my life. 

And.

You, know.

He's a boy.

And, in the age I came from, girls dated boys and boys dated girls. We weren't allowed to do anything else, barely anyone wanted to, anyway. 

And I'd known him for such a long time. I'd never felt love for him before, at least not sexually. Yes, sometimes, before Jacob came along (Emma's ex-boyfriend's grandson) my heart would do a back flip when he smiled at me, but so?

And, yes, sometimes he'd wake up and I'd sooth him back to sleep, holding his hand. But. So?

Okay, maybe I did have the smallest crush on him back then.

But I'd never thought anything would happen. But before I knew it...

I, Enoch O'Conner, fell in love with him, Horace Somnussen.