Chapter five

<𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐛𝐞>

I was fast asleep when the door to my room burst open, waking me up immediately.

"What the hell." i muttered as i tried to clear my vision to see who is the asshole that has no manners like simply knocking the door. Of course it was Axel.

Wearing his usual suit, his arms crossed and looking at me "What the fuck Astor? You don't know what knocking on the door is?" I leaned up on my elbows.

"Get up, we have to go get you a ring."

"I already have a ring." i show him my hand.

"Get up. Get ready. You have ten minutes." he turns and leaves; Without closing the door. Ugh, i hate that move.

I got up and went to the bathroom, then i wore a pink sundress and snickers. Put my hair in a ponytail and i was done by 15 minutes.

I went downstairs to see Axel waiting at the foot of the stairs, when he heard my steps he looked up at me "You're five minutes late."

"I don't care." i shrugged carelessly. He just sighed and we both walked to the frot door, when we were outside Mute was already standing there, he greeted Axel and me then he opened the car door for us.

If he's Axel's bestfriend like Lily said, why the hell is he working like a slave to them. That's disgusting.

I ignore it and just mind my business because i don't fucking care nor about him or anyone in this house. Beside Lily and Amal.

We buckled in and Axel speeded away, actually speeded. He's driving above the limit speed and i'm holding into the door handle tightly. What the fuck is his problem.

"Can you slow down a bit?" i yell, glaring at him "Axel, you're gonna kill us both." i slap his bicep repeatedly.

He finally slows down the speed and i relax "Wouldn't it be a pleasure though?" he asks.

"What?"

"Dying beside your lovely wife." he snors, trying not to laugh. What the fuck is this type of Axel?

"Watch the road." i roll my eyes, totally ignoring his stupid joke and staring at the streets we're passing.

The rest of the ride is silent and we finally make it to the shop. I get out of the car and adjust my dress. Axel locks the car then he starts walking to the store and i walk shortly behind him. We enter and the worker there immediately greets us.

Axel looks back at me almost beggingly and he pulls me to stand beside him, i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and gave him a questioning look, he leaned in to my ear and whispered "Talk."

Oh, he doesn't want to speak to strangers? I get the hint and smile at the worker who's still looking at us "We're looking for engagement rings." i smile.

"Sure maam, follow me this way." he gestures for us to follow him, he gets behind the counter and opens the glass that's having engagement rings inside of it and he gets us out a bunch. I look at them and say to myself how unnecessary this is.

"You pick." i tell Axel, this is his concern so let him pick what the hell he wants.

He looks at the rings, his eyes roaming on each one of them until his eyes settle on one, my eyes follow his line of vision and i see a ring with a maroon diamond flower in the center of it.

He points on it and the worker gets it out "What's your ring size?" he asks me.

"Six." i say and he leaves to get it, while he's gone i tell Axel "That's probably really expensive Astor. There is no need to-"