two.

──────── *ೃ  ‍୨ the new guy

──────── *ೃ  ‍୨ the new guy. ୧

the next morning, hayden sighed as she pulled into hell. also known as hawkins high school. don't get her wrong, hayden got good grades but that didn't mean that she liked being there. after she parked, she looked down at her left wrist where her watch was and noticed that she had gotten there quite early, and there was no way that she was going to be one of the first people in school.

leaning back in her seat, she turned up the radio and smiled softly at the song that was playing, red red wine by ub40. five minutes of blissful peace later, hayden jumped and let out a small scream when a hand slapped onto the windshield of her light blue volkswagen beetle. after hearing her familiar laughter, hayden groaned as she rolled her window down.

"hey, why don't you stand there for a couple more seconds so i can run you over?" hayden joked, watching as alex made her way to the other side of the car, opened the passenger door and flopped into the seat while she shrugged her backpack off.

"you know what, i would absolutely love that." alex answered, her grin still as wide as ever. hayden rolled her eyes before letting out a groan. "dude, you sound rough. oh, you know what'll cheer you up?"

hayden turned to her best friend with an inquisitive expression.

"going to tina's party tonight!" alex exclaimed, wincing when hayden groaned even louder. "come on, please?"

"lex, you don't even like her. why would you want to go to her party?"

"there may or may not be this really cute girl that i may or may not really like..." alex trailed off, then let out a sigh. "okay, why don't you think it over and you can get back to me later, okay?"

hayden nodded as she watched alex leave the car. she took a moment before she grabbed her stuff and stepped out of her car. after she shut the door, she turned and gasped at the boy standing alarmingly close to her. "woah, back up a little, dude." the brunette placed her finger on the boy's chest and lightly pushed him back before looking up at him. "can i help you?"

"yeah, you can help by telling me the name of possibly the most beautiful girl i've ever seen." he smirked.

hayden let out one of those exhales through her nose, finding him amusing. "okay. before i do that, why doesn't the person who was standing really creepily behind me tell me about them first, yeah?"

"my name's billy hargrove. first day here. want to show me around?" billy asked, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

"mm, i don't know. look, i'm gonna be late for class but if i see you around, maybe i'll consider giving you a tour. see you." hayden walked past him but stopped when he called out to her.

"i never got your name!"

hayden turned around a shot him a small smile. "hayden. hayden henderson." turning back around, she made eye contact with nancy, who was standing with steve, who seemed to be eyeing up billy suspiciously. the brunette approached them and gave nancy a short hug. when she looked up to utter a small hello to steve, he furrowed his brows.