Chapter 3: I'm not your lady!

Start from the beginning

She can't teleport with someone in tow- and besides she's probably uncomfortable with how she used her powers just now. Surely, she'll be asking questions about the bricks falling.

Isabella's face stiffened when the stranger took her wrist- "No! Wait!" she shouted, taking out her phone again. "I forgot about my little sister! I was supposed to pick her up!" she dials the daycare center number and waits.

She was hoping that they daycare center was still open and that Emily was safe and sound.

Azel felt her wrist slipping and so she waited for the other party to finish her call, several emotions popped up on Isabella's face. From worry to relief, it seems that Emily was impatiently waiting since she was the last one to get picked up. "You have a sister?" (Azel) asks curiously once the call is over.

Isabella holds the phone in her hand tightly still not trusting the stranger in front of her but since she saved her... she decided to give the proper answer to her question. "I do... she's only five and I have to pick her up soon. The daycare will close soon so I have to um..." she was stating the fact that she had to go and pick up her sister 'alone'.

Azel didn't read the message but just decided that she'll tag along and protect her if any case of abduction occurs again. "Let me escort you there." she offers Isabella, her green eyes dilated when she walks closer to the other girl resembling the mistress she served all those years ago.

Isabella wasn't sure if it was safe to take the serious woman's over... but what if there are more of those men just hiding, waiting to corner her? "Okay... It's just a few streets away from where they took me. Um, follow me."

She couldn't help but hold her wrist where the mysterious beauty had held her tightly before. They were strangers but Isabella couldn't help feeling that there was something more... to their touch. Like a spark! As childish as it seems, she couldn't describe it very well.

It was her first time feeling like that it led the girl in a trance while walking in silence. A few minutes passed with no one engaging to talk first. It felt awkward.

Hmm... Oh! Right! She still hasn't asked for her name!

Isabella turned to her savior with a warm smile and said, "I never got your name- you basically saved me but I haven't thanked you properly for it." that smile nearly killed Azel. Our coldhearted demon lord had to pinch her hand in order for her to calm down, right she needed her name... so she should give her name!

"My name is Azel." Her introduction was brief and Isabella was waiting for more... Where was her last name?

"Do you have a last name?" (Isabella) innocently asked, she needed to know her full name so maybe she can search her socials later.

Azel replied, "It's just Azel. I don't have a last name."

Slaves were not allowed to have last names. She could only go by her first name that was given to her by her grandfather... Isabella stared at her in confusion but she explained thoroughly. "I don't have a family. I was too young to know and I was left alone." (Azel) looks away, biting her lip.

How naïve of her. Just because she had the same face of her mistress before- she... felt like she could tell her anything. Isabella didn't know what to properly react or say in the situation so she just trusted her gut in this. "I see... You know um... your name is really pretty."