He was awake but he couldn't move or speak yet, so he just watched her the best he could from his position.

She sat on the chair next to the bed, grabbing his hand, feeling her bottom lip quiver.

"I'm so sorry Tommy!" She expressed finally letting the tears flow again
"I'm s-so sorry I wasn't there. I should've been."
Sniffling a few times, trying to compose herself
"I wasn't there be-because I was scared...But I'm not scared any more. I'm going to help you with this, I'll kill him myself if I have to."

Wiping the tears off her cheeks, she looked at him. Seeing the conflict behind his eyes, he was frustrated that he couldn't even speak. Bella knew she couldn't go after the priest while Tommy was In Here, it wouldn't be fair to burden Him with the thought and she knew she couldn't do it alone.

Kissing his hand "but not now Tom, don't worry. His time will come." Almost seeing the relief in his eyes she continued
"The doctors said you'll be in here for at least three months, then you'll need to rest at home for the same amount of time...and I'll be here with you every step of the way."

*****

Of course, she kept to her word as she always does.

She came to the hospital everyday, even stayed some of the nights with him as well. Only leaving to spend sometime with Charlie, who she knew missed his father very much.

Tommy laid on the bed, watching and listening to Bella as she moved around the room everyday.

He hated this situation but having her here made it more bearable.

Today was the day he finally got the brace off and would try sitting up...

Bella stood in the corner of the room, with her hands folded together in front of her, trying to stay out of the doctors way.

Carefully taking it off of him, the doctor put it to the side
"How's does it feel?"

Clearing his throat, it hurt after not being able to talk for so long "g-good"

Bella squealed happily in the corner, excited to finally hear his voice for the first time in a month.

The doctor nodded and leaned down to help him slowly sit up.

He was sore. But pushed through the pain, he needed to get better faster.

"Drink some water but don't push yourself. Lay back down after a few moments. I can stay if you'd like, otherwise I'm sure your wife here will be good help." He told Tommy

He glanced at Bella, wife, then back to the doctor
"We'll be alright."

The doctor nodded and left the room.

As soon as the door closed, Tommy padded the spot next to him on the bed "come here, peach"

Of course, Bella instantly made her way to him, gently sitting next to him

"How do you feel, Tommy?" She asked rubbing his back like she always does when trying to help him relax.

Closing his eyes enjoying her small massage on his sore muscles "I'm okay. How's Charlie?"

"He's good, misses you though. Sometimes at night he asks for you."

He looked surprised, Charlie almost never asks for him, then he looked at the woman next to him. Noticing her tired and worn eyes.
"And how are you, Bella?"

"Better now that I can talk to you."

It was strange, she's been with him everyday but this conversation is what finally gave her the relief she longed for.