Mo Di took another bath then went to the living room in his yellow pajamas to discuss matters with Mu Tian Heng.

He had been too busy lately and did not have the time to shop for a new set like he said he would.

Mu Tian Heng was typing when he saw Mo Di coming: “I made you a cup of pear juice. You should drink it before the color changes.”

“En, thank you, brother.” Mo Di picked up the cup of freshly squeezed pear juice and took a sip. The sweet liquid flowed down his throat but his heart felt like it swept by a feather, light and warm.

Mu Tian Heng could always touch the deepest part of his heart with his care and gentleness.

Moments after, Lai De Si also came out from his shower wearing a T-shirt and boxers. He sighed and said: “Hua Xia’s heating is amazing, it’s so warm and comfortable.”

“You’re not going to bed?” Mu Tian Heng looked at Lai De Si.

“With what just happened, how could I possibly sleep? What are your plans, count me in.” Lai De Si walked over and sat down.

Mu Tian Heng did not object. He swayed the laptop and showed the screen to Lai De Si: “The information is all here. Du Wen Jing is a very questionable person.”

Lai De Si bent over to look at the screen, “Hmm… there’s something odd about Du Wen Jing…”

“What?”

“Can’t tell. Just a feeling that something does not sit right with her…” Lai De Si frowned. “Nevermind. It’s probably just me. Du Wen Jing was born in the countryside and has a brother?”

“Yes. Her brother, Du Wen Long, is twenty-one this year, five years younger than her. He’s now a third-year student of some college in the south. He’s not very capable and is always asking her for money.” Mo Di said: “According to Du Wen Jing, she would give her brother 5k a month even with the salary of 8k that she got from her previous job. After joining the team, I paid her 12k a month and gave her an advance payment so she could pay her rent.”

“Little Mo Di, that’s not the right way to do it.” Lai De Si said: “She only entered your team for less than a month, it’s good enough that you’re giving her a higher salary, why did you give her an advance payment?”

Mo Di answered calmly: “Because I think she’s quite pitiful and wanted to give her hand.”

“And we both have been under prejudice and discrimination from our families. I thought I understood her and could sympathize with her. That’s why I wanted to help”

“Damn it! It just pisses me off.” Lai De Si was furious, “Du Wen Jing is too… too, what’s the phrase… a white-eyed wolf!”

Mu Tian Heng rubbed Mo Di’s hair. He did not preach, only ask: “You’ve done a background check on her on the internet, haven’t you?”

“Um, I did and I did not find anything wrong with her.”

“I also did a search just now. I asked Li Cheng and the others to help as well and they did not spot any glaring problems. The person behind her is very meticulous.” As Mu Tian Heng explained, his tone became increasingly cold. He pulled up a screen and said: “But I managed to find some discrepancies. Here are her financial records.”

“What’s wrong with it?” Lai De Si looked through it and asked: “I don’t see anything.”

“There’s something not right.” Mu Tian Heng opened another page, “These are the accounts that she had transferred money to in the last two months. The account starting with 0258 is her brother’s and this account, for the past two months, would immediately withdraw the 5000 Du Wen Jing sent and the 1000 from their parents as soon as the money was transferred.”