𝟒 ➳ 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐋

The sound of his footsteps echoed in the gloomy hallway as the servants looked at him with horrified expressions. Kita clicked his tongue as he lifts his wrist to check the time.

9:30 p.m.

"Shin give me your coat," the eldest maid who has been with him the longest, approached him with a bitter smile before instructing him on what to do. "She's still in the dining room. Be gentle with your words. You're in the wrong." She clarified before hanging the coat on the rack, "Thank you, Madam Giselle. You can tell the rest of the maids to head to their quarters. All of you are dismissed." He spoke kindly before mincing towards the dining room.

There she was with her daunting silky red robe. Her eyes seemed tired and dull while she carried the glass of alcohol on her hand. The place was eerie, there was only one light that was brightening the place, everywhere else was dark after Ikisha dismissed the employees early in hopes of being able to  spend some time alone with her husband after she went on a trip for a whole week without being in contact with him at all. 

But Deja Vu was the only thing that  happened to her, it was as if time brought her back to where Shinsuke stood up on her on their first date just because a friend of his was in trouble. He does this too often, she wasn't quite surprised anymore. "How's Rintarou?" She asked while Kita slowly approaches her, "He's all good now. He has his cousin taking care of him so no need to worry."

"That's good, I'm glad he's getting  better." Long silence came in between the two of them when Ikisha kept pouring herself a glass of alcohol that they were suppose to share together. "Hon, I'm really sorry for not being able to show up--" "Oh...  Don't worry, I had fun with the maids keeping me company. Call Madam Giselle and tell her to keep all the food and send it to the maids quarters before it rots in here." She scoffs sarcastically before standing up and walking towards their sink in order to clean up the  glass that she used.

"Honey, I'm really sorry. I really forgot about the time." When he finally approached her closely he heard a crashing sound  of the bottle. Ikisha had thrown the bottle across the room, spilling the stains of the alcohol on the white painted wall. "Ikisha?!"

"What the fuck is wrong with you Shin? I get that you're a busy man, and this  is  my last fucking straw. You're never late to your business appointments, but how come you never respect time when it comes to me. It's either you come late, or you never come at all." She yelled and pushed him off of her, slightly messing her  hair and making Kita look at her with guilt, "Do you think I'm not worth every second of your life? Or do you just think that I'm not as important as  those business appointments that you have? Which is it Shinsuke? WHICH IS IT?" Her sharp voice and never ending tantrums  ringed in Kita's ears making him groan in annoyance,

"Can't you understand how hard it is to manage two companies at once? I had to take care of the job your father couldn't fulfill while managing my own company as well." He argued back as  he slightly raised his voice that Ikisha always thought was a duplicate of honey and sugar. "If you're going to put it on me, why don't you blame it on yourself for being so presumptuous and starting your own business instead of inheriting the one my father was willing to give you? Make that make sense!"

"What the hell is your problem anyway? This was the only time this year that I didn't get on time for your wants." Kita argued, sitting down on a chair as he tries to calm himself down in order to prevent himself from hurting the  girl any further. "Are you seriously gonna take a blind eye? I had to book another flight in order to get to Maldives because I assumed that you would get home in time in order to drive me to the airport. You didn't show up at father's latest check up so I had to get out of my important meeting with the board of directors. It was my bestfriends wedding just two weeks ago and you didn't fucking show  up because you had to go interview someone for the marketing team and I had to go alone." Ikisha, whose hands were already trembling sprinted around the table to grab another bottle of wine, pouring it into her glass and chugging it immediately. Shinsuke's silence was interrupted by a stinging bang that came from the glass as his wife slammed it onto the marbled island almost breaking both surfaces that went in contact with each other.

"If your done being a boss, and finally decided to be my husband— that's the only time you get to talk to me." Throughout their years of dating each other, Ikisha was never the type of woman who'd raise her middle finger at someone due to some petty fight that broke at. She was rather someone who'd express her rage through her words and actions.

As if a saint, she does this every once in a while, not close to often.

"Honey, I'm sorry." He was practically begging at this point, his voice was low and his eyes were kneeling in front of her for him. He sure knows how true her words are, but sometimes when we befriend an angel, we forget how much value it truly holds.

"I was being irresponsible and was not managing my time in the industry well. I'll re-organize my schedule for the entire month and make lots of time for you. I'm so sorry I made you feel neglated baby." Knowing Shinsuke, he does not let go of words that aren't worthy to be noted, however, just like a carousel, it's foundation may be very bewitching, but the journey of having to go 'round in circles multiple times would just make a person feel sick—

Ikisha tilted her head towards her shoulder, her back facing the man, before sparing him a glare "Just like what I've said, talk to me when your ready to be my husband."

She walked towards the master bedroom, slamming the door as Kita winced whe he heard the lock click.

Behind the elegant and bright walls of the mansion, the legal wife sat on her bed, biting her nails lightly as she stared at the ground, hearing whispers of a kids laughter, and the smell of fresh daisies in the garden awakened her soul.

Though she was mad at her husband, she could never stay mad at him forever. She had unlocked the door a while ago and waited for him to come inside but it seems that he had fallen into complete slumber on their couch.

She got up from the mattress, slipping into her flat sandals and went inside the bathroom before she opened the cabinet above her mirror and grabbing the tube of medicine that might help her get some sleep tonight.

Choking lightly with the pills, Ikisha swallowed hard, clenching against the sink before straying her eyes down at the bin, her heart sunk once more as she witnessed two negative pregnancy tests. For so many years, they've been trying for a miracle to appear, yet not one has come up at their front door.

Soon after, her phone chimed, she immediately checked her messages only to see a photo, and her friend saying

Colleen sent an attachment. Click to view

Hey, Kiesh...
Isn't this Shinsuke?

________________________________

I apologize if it is confusing and my choice of words and firgures are a bit unclear it's been a while since I wrote stories. So please, bear with me :))

- ave