Chapter 3

~*~*~*Chapter 3 *~*~*~

Dom wasn't paying attention to anything in particular, not Letty winning the race, not Tej talking to Ramsey about his latest gadget, not Brian analyzing newer drivers, not even Rome talking about some hot chick. No he was stuck in his thoughts, running over every possible scenario of this all going wrong. Of them not coming, of them coming and everything falling apart. He almost regretted the decision to call altogether... almost. That was until this eerily familiar voice flooded over the speakers singing to the dancing masses of sweaty bodies. Was that her? He was expecting them to show tomorrow afternoon.... Not now, not here. Not her doing that.... No it couldn't be her. It just couldn't.

He finally had enough of Rome and asked him what the hell had him so excited

"This babe is just belting it out and dancing like there is no tomorrow, I mean damn she is fine, and with her body moving like that." He cut off. Dom growled out, "Show me!" They followed the music, and pushed through some of the crowds until they could see who was causing the uproar.

"I don't care what you think as long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness in misery

Said,

I don't care what you think as long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness in misery" The girl danced against this Latin American dude before going back over to Leo's booth and shaking her hips to the beat, before getting lost in the bridge.

"Said,

I don't care just what you think

as long as it's about me, you said

I don't care just what you think

as long as it's about me, I said

I don't care (I don't care)

Said, I don't care (I don't care)

Said, I (I) don't (don't) care (care)

I (I) don't (don't) care (no I don't)

I don't care, (I said)

I (I) don't (don't) care (care)"

Dom's eyes raked up the white jean and black leather clad leg, memories of his hands and lips raking up those very same legs flashed through his mind. Tall black combat boots reaching her knees. Red and black blazer swishing away from her body displaying her leather bralet covering her ample chest with a few leather straps brushing against her tan midriff as she continued to move hypnotically. His eyes didn't fail to notice some black and color lines decorating her tan skin, lines and drawings he didn't remember being there. Her right hand holding the microphone and the other pushing through her gorgeous black and brown curls effortlessly messing them up. The caramel eyes he could remember, like he saw them every day, were hidden behind her eyelids as she was lost in the song, and belting out the lyrics.

"I don't care what you think as long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness in misery

Said,

I don't care what you think as long as it's about me

The best of us can find happiness in misery" He knew he shouldn't be looking at her like this, he knew it was completely wrong. Not with Letty, not with their past. But he couldn't tear his eyes away from her body. Not until she was out of his view. The music ended and switched into a EDM song as the DJ started catering to the dancing bodies once more. And his view became blocked by his sister's form darting toward the brunette. Throwing her arms around her, the two girls were locked into a long embrace. Two other figures approached the group. "Look who it is The Toretto crew."

"

"Guys I'd like you to meet Vincent Donovan, or VD" Dom said, pulling the man into a quick hug and introducing him to the others. Dom looked over at the two girls and his sister talking adamantly. Before meeting eye contact with VD and then shooting a worried glance at Letty, who just walked up. "And Lyn and Roycee Ortiz." Some gasps were heard, and one growl. Royce glared at the muscled man before correcting him, "Addilyn and Rayna Ortiz, nothing different." Before looking at Letty.

"Who are you two?" Letty asked with watery eyes.

"Dom, what didn't you tell us?" Addilyn asked with a hint of aggression and betrayal in her voice.

"Letty has suffered amnesia."

"Don't forget the part where he never called to tell us our sister was alive... not once." Royce's glare intensified.

"It's not like I never tried, Royce! Ever since you left the first time, you NEVER cared what I had to say, you wouldn't have answered let alone believed me, had I tried!" Dom shouted, closing some of the distance between them.

"And whose fault is that?!" Royce shouted back stepping away from his hulking figure.

Dom was silent, "Exactly!" she sighed before walking back toward her car with VD chasing after her.

"OH YEAH! Run away, like ALWAYS!" Dom shouted after her, the only response he got was a manicured finger flipping him off.

The crowd was confused aside from Addilyn, Mia, and Dom. Dom's family and Letty, especially, looked at him with questions clouding their gazes. Addilyn was the first to break the silence, "Dom, take them home, we'll come by tomorrow."

"It looks like you have some 'splainin to do." VD said with a chuckle as he wrapped his arm around Addilyn's hips pulling her back toward the black car they came in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~