1.

1.
I wake up to Ruddiger licking my face, I hate when he does this. The first thing I feel when I wake up, dread. Another day of disappointing everyone, of the stares, the whispers. I'm sick of it all. 
I drag my feet to the kitchen, dad is already making breakfast, eggs and bacon, like every morning. "'Morning dad." he doesn't look at me. "Good morning Varian." He never looks at me anymore.
I pull up a chair and put my head down on the table. Dad puts a plate down in front of me and sits down in his own chair, "son, I have a very important job to do today. These black rocks are slowly destroying Old Corona.." My head pops up
"I-I thought Princess Rapunzel had it under control?"
"That's what we all thought, but you can't always trust people so quickly, especially with something that no one knows anything about."
We eat in silence, I feed all my bacon to Ruddiger, I hate bacon. Of course my father wouldn't know that though.
Dad gets up slowly, collecting my plate while doing so. "Thanks." I still don't look up. "Look, Varian," My dad starts. "We don't know why or how the black rocks came here or why they're here, but please, just stay out of it. I don't want you trying to figure these out and getting hurt." And with that, he left. I picked Ruddiger up off the table, "y'know buddy, you're my only friend." He rubs his head up on  my chin, I don't know how, but it's like he always knows what I'm feeling.
I knew I couldn't just leave these black rocks alone, they were hurting people, and destroying everything I know. I can't let it happen. I have to fix this.