and my lazy eye.

up and in towards my t-zone.

i'm like 90% sure my mom cheated on my dad to result in me because i look nothing like either of them.

but anyway,

it doesnt help with a name like Winifred.

most people call me winnie, or freak.

and i'm fine with that.

it's better than dyke.

just as i pulled the paper bag open, the bathroom door slammed open.

"where are you, freakshow?" yelled jason as he came storming inside.

"this is the girls bathroom. you do know that, right?" i yelled back, putting the brown paper sack into my bag and standing up.

"you think you can just embarass me like that and get away with it? open the damn door, freak!" he yelled, pounding on the stall door.

"dude i'm peeing, this is so grossly creepy even for you." i lied.

"i know you're not, i can see you standing. get your ass out here." he warned, trying to kick the door in.

"jesus christ, calm down i'm coming." i said reluctantly, turning the door lock to open.

i pulled it open and was immediately greeted with his fist in my face.

i fell back, catching myself on the toilet paper dispenser.

he landed another blow on my eye, then another on my jaw.

i fell down, landing with my back against the toilet bowl as i stared up at him helplessly.

"next time, take it like the whore you are." he whispered in my ear, kicking me hard in the stomach before leaving.

i sat there processing everything for a minute or two before i heard the bell ring for study period.

i didnt have to go so i picked myself up, grabbed my bag and walked to the sink.

i turned on the tap, washing my hands before i started to splash cold water over my face to try and help the bruising.

my nose was bleeding but that was beside the point.

i grabbed some paper towel and dried off, twisting some into a cone shape and putting it up my nose to stop the bleeding.

i fixed my makeup quickly and left, heading for the woods.

eddie was gonna be pissed i was late to a deal, again.

i had a good reason this time though.

i walked through clearing, after clearing and started to see the opening.

"you're late." he called.

he had taken his leather jacket and jean vest off.

"you try being on time after getting the shit beat out of you." i retorted, tripping over a rock and grabbing the table beside me for balance.

"holy shit, what happened?" he asked, picking my face up by the chin and inspecting my face.

"ah, ah, ah, watch the jaw." i said softly as i pushed his hand away.

"what happened?" he repeated.

"nothing, it's nothing. dont worry about me."

"who- Jason?" he asked, looking at the bruise forming around my eye.

"yeah, he got me pretty good too." i chuckled, lifting my shirt to show the shoeprint on my stomach.

"that asshole." he sighed, running his thumb over the mark as the rest of his warm hand rested comfortably on my ribs.

"it's fine, really." i tried to convince him.

"come sit down, please." he said softly, taking my hand and pulling me to his bench.

"i have a 20 for you, whatever that'll get i'm happy with."

"after the shit you've been through today, a 20 would get you half my stock."

"jesus no, dont underprice your stuff just because i got in a fight. just enough for a J and i'll be happy."

"here." he said, pulling 3 already rolled from his box. and handing them to me.

i pulled the neck of my shirt and reached into my bra, pulling a $20 note from the strap and putting it in his hand.

"pleasure doing business with you." i smiled.

he placed the note in his box and moved my hair out of my face.

"what are you-" i started.

"shh. just let me help you, please." he said softly, pulling the hair from the other side back behind my shoulder and gathering it all at the base of my skull.

he tied it back in a gentle ponytail with a rubber band as he tucked my bangs out of my face.

"eddie seriously i'm fine."

"shush." he dismissed, rumagging through his school bag.

he pulled out a metal thermos and pushed it gently to my eye.

"it's cold." i shivered, replacing his hand with my own.

"it's metal, it's always cold." he chuckled, wiping blood off my upper lip with his thumb.

"how long do we have to keep this enemies charade up for?" i asked.

"i dont want jason to make things worse for you. if he finds out we're friends he'll do exactly that."

"he already gives me enough shit as it is, it cant possibly get worse." i argued.

"...fine. come sit with me tomorrow then. i'll have a hellfire shirt ready for you."

"thank you! make sure its a few sizes up?"

he nodded, sighing jokingly with disapproval.

"want a ride home?" he asked, offering me a hand.

"thank you, but my car is here. wouldnt wanna leave my baby behind." i smiled, taking his hand and pulling myself up, handing his thermos back to him.

"well, i have an hour to kill. wanna come over for a bit?" he offered.

"my mom needs me to get holly from school, sorry eds. i'll see you tonight?"

he nodded.

"see you tonight." he smiled, kissing my cheek gently as i left.