He might not be there on the frontlines, fighting with the said heroes, but he never left them.

In the shadows is where he stood alone, guiding and helping them.

When the nobles were inside in their sturdy homes, resting to their heart contents, he was out there and could even barely keep himself warm.

When they were celebrating and feasting over the wars they have won, he was already thinking about the following wars.

Every deceased was adding to the many deaths in his nightmares that Cale remembered well and wished he didn't.

He appeared to be more drained and fatigued as the time passed by, his health deteriorating.

It was unfair.

How can life be so cruel to one person?

No matter how great his objective was, still, there was only so much one person can handle, it is already incredible he hadn't fallen apart yet when it was already crushing him.

With all the things he had seen, all the things he had to deal with, leaving him without a moment to even breathe.

Yes, he might have somewhat known the future by having a glimpse of it through images.

But at end of the day, they are just a bunch of drawings that were put together, he's only seeing random pieces of it with no time or place that was indicated.

And how can one person, a normal human being at that, bear the responsibility of a whole world?

To the point that he would disregard himself like that.

Cale was too good for this world and they should give him more credit for everything he had done for them.

Choi han's jaw aches like he's been punched must be because he had clenched it too tightly.

Eric bit his lower lip in distress at the younger one.

He started reminiscing the time when they were still both young, full of naivety and innocence.

Cale's kind, dazzling smile, eyes framed by long eyelashes and would lit up everything time he sees him, brave yet so shyly when conversing with other people.

Gradually relapsing to the other's cold and somewhat arrogant, prideful gaze, with a small smirk plastered on his face.

He remembers one time wondering how can a person change so much as if he became someone else. He then blamed it on his wealth and power.

But he now realized it was them who forced him to change.

It was the circumstances that forced him to harden his heart.

While Alberu's mind was wandering elsewhere, he scoffs under his breath. He then turned his head to look behind him, looking for a specific person.

It didn't take long before a familiar voice resounded inside his mind.

At the same time, the scene took a stop.

[ Cale was running, mask over his nose, sweat beading on his forehead.

He was clad in a black outfit with five red stars and one white star on his chest, the same one the men that were relentlessly chasing him was wearing.

Using someone else's identity and wearing the same black clothes, Cale had easily infiltrated one of Arm's bases and gained access to their Intel and various operation. However, his luck had gone out when he was caught this morning, resulting in this predicament.