Wiping down the counters and island was next, followed by sweeping the floor. She opened every cabinet and drawer in her search for the broom and dustpan, finally locating them in a little laundry nook off the kitchen. If she was going to live here, she wanted to know where everything was.

Half an hour later she dried her hands a final time on the kitchen towel before moseying around to peer in the dining area. A mahogany table that could sit eight comfortably sat in the middle of the large room. Along the wall shared with the kitchen were a matching buffet and china cabinet, and there were two extra chairs on either side of a beautifully draped window. She could imagine the grandeur of the room fully set with the crystal chandelier above the table sparkling light upon everything.

Back in the laundry room there had been a door that looked like it opened to the back yard. She opened it and peered around the backyard. She was impressed. Three different seating arrangements, including the fire pit, a pool, and what appeared to be a garden. She stepped back in the house and closed the door, making certain to lock it.

She looked at the clock on the range and decided she could explore the rest of the house another time Dante wasn't home. It was nearly nine o'clock and she still had a bit of homework to complete. And these cramps erupting in her gut weren't going to make that task any easier.

An hour later her homework was complete and she filed it away in her bag. Then she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth, wash her face, use the toilet and pile her hair in a loose bun on top of her head.

Finished in the bathroom, she found her favorite tee to sleep in and changed into it, hanging up the jeans, bra, and shirt she'd worn on the empty side of the closet to air out, and putting her socks into the hamper.

Then she turned off the light and crawled into bed. She wasn't at all surprised how comfortable the mattress was, or how soft and cozy the sheets were. There was serious money here, after all. She sighed and closed her eyes, soon falling asleep.

__

Dante

"Well, that went well," Angelica wiggled triumphantly in her seat with a satisfied smirk on her face. "I really liked her reaction when I mentioned I come over often. And when I pronounce her stupid name wrong? That was just priceless! I swear! The goddess doesn't always know how to match people..."

Dante drove Angelica back to her house, hearing her talk, but not really listening. He knew Angelica was really just talking through her thoughts and feelings, and when she wanted his feedback she would talk with him, not at him.

He parked his car in her driveway and got out to open her door, then followed her into her house. Her parents were away handling interrelation affairs with a few neighboring packs while his parents were away, but her twin and Dante's future beta were in the den preparing to watch a movie together, and they invited the couple to join them.

Dante sat beside Angelica, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, not really paying attention to the movie, which was just some thriller Colton had picked out. He pulled her close when she hid her eyes from the gore in the movie in his shoulder, and let her distract herself kissing him.

When the movie was over he and Colton said their goodbyes, Dante tearing himself from Angelica's grasp, and left for their own houses.

Back in his car his phone rang and buzzed. It was Colton calling him. There was also a text from Angelica.

Dante answered his phone before the second ring, "Miss me already?" He backed out of the drive, peering for traffic before pulling onto the road.

"You know it. Hey, got a question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm curious."