Simran cried closing her face.

"Shyam... there is no use in talking about it anymore. What should be done now? Think about it" Rajeev asked.

"We can do nothing... ask Simran to change her mind" Shyam said simply.

"Won't you do anything?"

"Of course, I do. I'm going to put my full effort to get Anju" he headed to his room.

Rajeev looked at Simran.

"Dad, it's everything because of that girl, Khushi. We have to find a way to remove her from Arnav's life. Then everything will fall into its place."

Rajeev nodded yes.

RM

Arnav sat on the dining chair. Ratna filled the plate and was supposed to give it to Arnav, she thought something.

"Shall I feed you?" she asked.

Arnav nodded yes. She sat next to him and started feeding him. Anjali gestured to Khushi to look at them. Khushi chuckled.

Arnav got a call on his mobile. He saw the name and ignored it.

"Whose call, Chotte?"

"My friend, Smith"

"Oh..."

"You don't know him. We studied MBA together"

"Oh..."

"Attend the call, Chotte"

"No mom. He wants to discuss starting a new business in London. I already told him that I have no time. He keeps on nagging me"

"You can make him understand..."

"I did... he is a little self-seeking. He won't back off until he gets what he wants"

"Ohh..."

"Yeah..."

"I know nothing that happen with you in the meantime," Ratna said.

Arnav nodded yes and started telling Ratna about everything that he stored in his heart. Khushi understood how much he missed Ratna in those days. Arnav continued talking even after Ratna finished feeding. Anjali was looking at them awestruck.

"Khushi..." Anjali called her.

"Mmm?"

"Could anyone believe if they see them talking like this that they were not in the talking terms for the past ten years?" she asked teasingly.

Khushi folded her lip to control her smile.

"Mom, please, feed Di too. Or else, her bad eyes will separate us again" Arnav laughed.

Anjali dropped her jaw.

"Haannn... what do you mean? Was that my bad eye that separated you two?"

"No doubt... you always got jealous of us..." he said.

"See, Mom, how he teases me..." Anjali pouted.

"Sometimes, the truth would be bitter, Anju" Ratna laughed.

"Oh, really? Then I will surely put my bad eye on you"

"No, problem... we have someone to get us patch-up" Ratna laughed, looking at Khushi, making her blush.

Arnav shared hi-fi with Ratna. Arvind who came downstairs got stuck, seeing Arnav and Ratna sharing hi-fi, laughingly. He could not believe his own eyes. He could not understand what was happening. How Arnav was talking to Ratna? How did the miracle happen?

"This is how they made fun of me, making a team," Anjali said to Khushi.

Khushi smiled mildly.

"Khushi, let's go to our room. These two will not retire to their rooms until they finish their old stories. I'm sleepy..." Anjali said.

Khushi stood.

"Khushi, you too are going? Don't you want to listen to our stories?" Arnav intentionally asked her.

Khushi looked at Anjali and then sat on the chair again. Anjali sighed.

"At least, come and sit on the couch..." Anjali said.

"Yeah... she will make herself comfortable on the couch to sleep then," Ratna said.

"Then what will I do? I already knew Chotte's complete story"

Clutching Khushi's hand, she dragged her to the couch. Khushi sat on the couch whereas Anjali leaned on it making herself comfortable.

Arnav and Ratna followed them. Ratna saw Arvind standing with an unbelievable expression on his face. She smiled inwardly.

"Hari Prakash..." she called.

"Jee maji..."

"Serve dinner to Arvindji"

"Jee maji"

Ratna came to the couch and sat with Arnav. Arvind went to the dining, all the way looking at them. Ratna could read restlessness in his eyes. Ratna didn't obey him even when Arnav was not talking to her. if it was the condition then, what will Ratna do hereafter, having Arnav by her side? Arvind lost his hope completely. He could hear their talks from the dining. Arnav was sharing his past years' experience with Ratna. It didn't sound normal. He could feel excitement and interest in Arnav's voice. What the hell did happen between them that they forget their problem?

After finishing dinner, Arvind went to his room. Ratna didn't seem to come to their room soon.

Anjali started dozing off, sitting on the couch.

"Di, go to your room," Arnav said.

She looked at Khushi.

"I will come a little later, Di" Khushi said.

"Good night..." Anjali walked off.

Khushi was listing to their talks with adoration. These two had a lot of feelings and emotions for each other. They might not get a chance to realize it so far. Anjali was right. No one would believe it if she said this mother and the son were not on the talking terms till that evening. As time passed, Khushi slept could not hold herself, and slid onto the couch.

Ratna and Arnav smiled, seeing her. Ratna was about to wake her up, and Arnav stopped her.

"Don't wake her up, Mom... let her sleep"

"But how could we leave her here alone?"

"You go... I will be here..."

"You?" she raised her brows.

"Yeah... in this couch..."

Ratna nodded ok and went to her room. Arnav lay on the opposite couch. Ratna came back with two quilts. She covered Khushi with one and another with Arnav.

"Good night..." she said caressing his hair.

Arnav clutched her hair and kissed her knuckle.

"Good night, Mom"

She smiled at him and looked at Khushi who was sleeping peacefully.

"She is an angel," she said.

Arnav smiled and said nothing.

To be continued...