Verdict

Keigo and the Todoroki's were the first ones at the courthouse the following morning. The anxiety about the outcome was so strong. They couldn't bear waiting any longer. The jury entered shortly after, and then Touya and his team. 

Touya glanced at his omega on his way in. Keigo felt his heart jump. He wanted so badly to fly across this courtroom and grab his alpha. 

"The judge calls Kairi Yamamoto to the stand for the verdict." 

A young woman, who looked no older than 30, walked to the front with a piece of paper with the Jury's final verdict upon it. 

"Upon close examination of the evidence given to the jury, we have found the defendant, Touya Todoroki guilty of involuntary manslaughter." 

Keigo's heart dropped. 

Please don't be harsh, please, please. 

"Furthermore, the jury declares that an appropriate sentencing for his crimes should be: immediate and permanent removal of his quirk Incernerator..." 

Please no. Keigo felt like he was going to throw up. 

"... and 2 years in the city prison, with the possibility of parole after 8 consecutive months on good behavior. Thank you." She concluded and walked back to her seat. 

Keigo felt the tears running down his face. He was in utter shock. 8 months would be his minimum? He would miss the entirety of Keigo's pregnancy. He was heartbroken, how the hell was he going to get through this without him? 

Endeavor put a hand on Keigo's shoulder. The scent blockers were not working, Keigo's emotions were far too strong. 

Touya could smell his omega's scent. It made him sick. He couldn't do anything about it. But two years? What if was discriminated on in the jail and they never considered his 'good behavior'? He would miss two years of his pup's life. He wanted to throw up. He couldn't even think straight. 

The judge adjorned the trial and the officers took Touya to the front of the room, he was told to kneel. Eri entered with Aizawa. 

"They're taking his quirk right now? Holy shit, what is wrong with people." Keigo didn't want to look, but then he locked eyes with his alpha from across the room and he saw the fear. 

He had never seen fear in his alpha's eyes. Keigo shot his hand up, "PLEASE, let me be with him. Please." He begged teary eyed. 

The judge hesitated, "... I'll allow it." 

Keigo pushed through the extras in the seated rows and rushed to his alpha's side. Touya was handcuffed, but Keigo held his hand. 

"...I'm scared." Touya admitted quietly to his omega. 

"It'll be okay." Keigo tried to assure him, but to no avail, Touya could smell the fear on him. There was no hiding it. 

Eri approached with Aizawa. 

"I'm sorry." She spoke softly with genuine apologetic eyes, "focus on something that brings you peace. It will hurt less." Eri tried to give some sort of comfort to the ex-villain. 

Keigo positioned himself in Touya's gaze. 

"Just look at me. It'll be over in a second." Keigo looked at him lovingly despite the tears in his eyes.